About This Chapter
Transport & Industry - Chapter Summary
In these lessons on transport and industry, you'll learn about transportation infrastructure, sustainable economic growth, and the value of transport routes. There's also a discussion about how cost of living varies in different countries. By the end of the chapter, you should be ready to:
- Explain how transport routes affect settlements and industry
- Discuss the affects of transportation infrastructure on the ecosystem
- Explore economic costs and benefits of the Heathrow airport expansion
- Describe different economic sectors
- Examine multi-national companies in developed and developing countries
- List factors that affect economic development
- Measure standard of living
- Discuss the importance of sustainable economic growth
Our professional educators review the topics covered using relatable examples to ensure the material is easy to comprehend. In video lessons, timelines let you navigate the learning process and go over only the topics you need to review. A brief multiple-choice quiz is available for each lesson to test your knowledge. You can also print the lesson quizzes and use them as worksheets.
1. From Highways to Canals: How Transportation Infrastructure Affects Ecosystems
What type of transportation do you use to get around? We use a variety of methods of transportation that all require some form of infrastructure. In this lesson, we will discuss how transportation infrastructure affects the ecosystems.
2. Economic Sectors: Primary, Secondary & Tertiary
This lesson will seek to explain the different sectors of the economy. In doing so, it will concentrate on the primary sector, the secondary sector, and the tertiary sector. It will also highlight the service industry.
3. What is Economic Development? - Definition & Examples
Learn what economic development is and why you may play a part in it every time you purchase something at the store. Find out who sponsors economic development and some of the most common categories and examples of economic development.
4. Factors that Affect Economic Development: Population, Conflict, Geography & the Environment
After watching this video, you will be able to explain what economic development is and describe some of the factors that affect economic development and how they do so. A short quiz will follow.
5. Standard of Living: Definition & Measurement
You've probably heard about the concept of standard of living and how it varies between different countries. In this lesson, you'll learn about what standard of living is and how it can be measured.
6. What is Sustainable Economic Growth? - Definition & Overview
Sustainable economic growth is a hot issue in economics. In this lesson, you'll learn about sustainable growth and some of its important concepts. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 13+ Geography: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Atlas Skills & Major Cities of the World
- World Geography: Facts & Locations
- Ordnance Survey Mapwork Skills
- Geographic Fieldwork & Enquiry Skills: Data Collection
- Geographic Fieldwork & Enquiry Skills: Data Presentation
- Earthquakes & Volcanoes
- Weather & Climate
- Rivers & Coasts
- Population & Settlement
- Geography of the British Isles
- ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 13+ Geography Flashcards