About This Chapter
Treating Cystitis - Chapter Summary
Work through this collection of simple and informative lessons to learn or review critical information about cystitis symptoms and treatments. Taught by expert instructors, these lessons break down cystitis terminology and help you see the differences between different types of cystitis treatments.
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to reinforce your understanding of key terms and concepts. If you need any extra help with the material, feel free to reach out to our expert instructors. You'll also be able to study the chapter at any time that fits your schedule using any computer or mobile device.
How It Helps
The lessons in this chapter can benefit anyone who needs to better understand the symptoms, causes and treatments for different types of cystitis. The chapter can also help healthcare professionals who need continuing education materials or who are undergoing basic nursing or cystitis training.
By the end of this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Explain the relationship between pelvic floor dysfunction and interstitial cystitis
- Identify the symptoms of interstitial and emphysematous cystitis
- Evaluate common treatments for hemorrhagic follicular, polypoid and papillary cystitis
1. Interstitial Cystitis (IC): Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
We can probably all relate to the feeling of having the strong urge to urinate! In this lesson, we will learn what interstitial cystitis is. We will look at the cause of this condition as well as the symptoms and treatment options.
2. Interstitial Cystitis and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
This lesson will discuss the connection between interstitial cystitis (IC) and pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD). We will describe and discuss symptoms of and treatments for both conditions, as well as their similarities and differences.
3. Hemorrhagic Cystitis: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
Hemorrhagic cystitis is inflammation of the bladder that is associated with blood in the urine. This lesson will review the causes, symptoms and treatment of hemorrhagic cystitis.
4. Emphysematous Cystitis (EC): Symptoms & Treatment
Emphysematous cystitis is a rare and serious urinary tract condition. You'll learn what it is, what it's caused by, whom it is most likely to affect, and the signs, symptoms, and treatment options for it as well.
5. Follicular Cystitis: Symptoms & Treatment
Follicular cystitis is an inflammatory disease of the bladder that occurs often with bladder cancer and urinary tract infections. Learn about the symptoms and treatments for follicular cystitis.
6. Polypoid & Papillary Cystitis: Definition & Treatment
Polypoid and papillary cystitis affects the bladder and is often misdiagnosed as other ailments. This lesson will discuss the definition and treatment of polypoid and papillary cystitis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Nursing Training course
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diet Plans for Diabetes
- Surgical Procedures
- Treating Bites & Stings
- Identifying & Treating Bone Issues
- Weight-Related Issues
- Understanding & Treating Fistula
- Patella Injuries & Issues
- Types & Application of Casts
- Types & Application of Splints
- Understanding & Treating Hernias
- Understanding & Treating Sciatica
- Understanding Joints & Joint Issues
- Understanding & Treating Hepatitis
- Understanding Occupational Disease
- Treating Occupational Disease
- Diseases of the Central Nervous System
- Digestive & Intestinal Diseases
- Rheumatic Fever & Heart Disease