About This Chapter
Trends & Improvement in Blended Learning - Chapter Summary
Review short and engaging lessons to gain greater insight into trends and improvements in blended learning. This chapter teaches you about:
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of blended learning
- Challenges that blended learning models face
- Mistakes that are common in blended learning
- Best practices and success factors of blended learning
- Future blended learning trends
You can discover or refresh your understanding of blended learning by reviewing the comprehensive lessons in this chapter. See how prepared you are to apply blended learning solutions in the classroom by taking short quizzes and a chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Creates awareness: As you take steps to implement blended learning solutions in your classroom, use this chapter to stay abreast of trends and research that can help you successfully incorporate this program in your classroom.
- Aids in prevention: Blended learning is still a relatively new practice, which means mistakes are destined to be made. This chapter explores common mistakes and challenges you can avoid with the proper planning.
- Enhances instruction: This chapter gives you the most up-to-date information about blended learning to help you plan and implement solutions in a way that can truly enhance your instruction and learning outcomes.
Exploring the lessons in this chapter can ensure you're prepared to:
- Share methods of measurement and reflection used to gauge the effectiveness of blended learning solutions
- Identify challenges associated with the design and implementation of blending learning, including lack of professional expertise and attitudes of learners
- List common mistakes in blended learning, including a lack of communication and inadequate support
- Discuss how utilizing people with appropriate skills, acknowledging potential program constraints and other factors lead to success in blended learning
- Describe future trends in blended learning like the reduction of face-to-face training and an increase in mobile learning
1. Measuring Improvement of Blended Learning Effectiveness
In this lesson, we will discuss the methods of measurement and reflection on the effectiveness of blended learning solutions, including what to document, measure, assess, and develop.
2. Challenges of Blended Learning Models
Blending learning models offer many advantages and benefits to students and teachers yet present significant challenges as well. This lesson will discuss the challenges of blended learning models.
3. Common Mistakes in Blended Learning Solutions
In this lesson you will learn two components of blended learning solutions and examples of how each of these as they are used by facilitators and instructors in the 21st century classroom. You will also learn common mistakes made by those using them.
4. Best Practices in Blended Learning Models
In this lesson we will explore the factors to consider in creating blended learning models. We will investigate best practices in design, needs analysis and rigor, appropriate people in these models, and challenges and constraints presented by the blended learning approach.
5. Future Trends in Blended Learning
Blended learning uses technology to expand the classroom learning environment and allow students to learn at any place and any time. In this lesson we will discuss the future trends in blended learning, where some of the traditional classroom face-to-face learning is replaced by web-based and mobile learning experiences.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.