About This Chapter
Trends in Education Technology - Chapter Summary
Get familiar with the trends in educational technology again as you progress through the lessons in this chapter. Let our instructors reinforce what you know about educational technology. These lessons present the following material to you:
- Current trends in educational technology
- Learning management systems
- The future technology in classrooms
Reinforce your retention of the material by taking our lesson quizzes and chapter test. They are designed to give you immediate feedback so that you can focus on areas you need to work on still. If at any point you are unsure or stuck on a concept, you can reach out to our instructors and ask them any questions you may have.
How It Helps
- Identify trends: You will identify specific trends that are seen in classrooms that promote efficiency.
- Apply skills: You can refresh your knowledge of a system that you can use to help your students excel.
- Think ahead: By thinking about the technology that will be present in the future, you can think about how best to prepare for those changes.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discover the technology trends that are present in the classroom
- Study the details of a learning management system and how you can implement the system in your classroom
- Take a look at the future of technology in the classroom
1. Educational Technology Trends: What Teachers Should Know
Educational technology is becoming incredibly important in the classroom and to student learning in general. This lesson will detail some of the trends of educational technology so that you can best implement this technology into your own classroom.
2. What is a Learning Management System (LMS)?
In this lesson, we will define what a Learning Management System is, speak in detail about the many things that a Learning Management System can do, and describe what you can do with particular features of a LMS.
3. Future Technology in the Classroom
Future technology will ultimately move students outside classroom walls. No learners will be bound by physical address or time of day, and experiential learning will be the rule, not the exception. The possibilities are limitless.
4. Using iPads in the Classroom
More and more schools are introducing tablets like iPads into the classroom. This has huge benefits, but must be done carefully. Check out some of these ideas and tips for using iPads in the classroom effectively.
5. What is Gamification in Education? - Definition, Research & Strategies
Do you have unengaged, unmotivated students? Consider gamifying your classroom. Games are one motivator that almost all students respond to. Read on to learn some methods for incorporating gamification into your classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Strategies for Teaching with Technology course
- Technology & the 21st Century Classroom
- Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning
- Software Resources for Students in the Classroom
- Educational Technology for All Learners
- Using Educational Technology in the Classroom
- Technology & Early Childhood Education
- Educational Technology for Specific Subjects
- Computer Science Overview for Young Learners