About This Chapter
Trends in Health Care Informatics - Chapter Summary
If you're looking for a convenient online resource that outlines current healthcare informatics trends, then this chapter is for you. Consisting of concise and entertaining lessons, the chapter explores various advances in healthcare technologies as well as the benefits of nursing simulations and wearable devices. You can access this chapter any time using your desktop, laptop or mobile device. Included in the chapter are short self-assessment quizzes to help you reinforce your understanding of these trends. Completing this chapter can help you:
- Evaluate the impact of technological advances in healthcare
- Discuss the impact of wearable devices on public health
- Explain the use of nursing simulations in health education contexts
- Assess future big data trends in healthcare
1. Impact of Advances in Health Care Technology
From the rise of the personal computer to the use of surgical robotics, healthcare technology has changed dramatically. Read this lesson to learn more about how technological advances have made tremendous strides in terms of healthcare access, affordability, and overall patient care.
2. Wearable Devices for Health: Examples, Impact & Trends
Wearable health devices have become a popular trend. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of devices and the impact they have made on people's health. You'll examine at the future of wearable health devices.
3. Simulations in Nursing & Health Education
Simulation proves to be an effective teaching strategy in nursing education for many reasons. Read this lesson to learn about simulation application, simulated environments, and virtual reality simulation.
4. Big Data in Healthcare: Definition & Future Trends
Think about all the intricacies of the human body. Now imagine all of that data being analyzed to help keep you as healthy as possible. Welcome to the world of big data in healthcare.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 309: Healthcare Informatics course
- Introduction to Health Care Informatics
- Using Data & Databases in Health Care Informatics
- Electronic Health Records & Evidence-Based Practices
- Best Practices in Information Technology
- Project Development
- Consumer Informatics
- TeleHealth Overview
- Health Care Professionals & Technology Evaluation
- Required Assignments for Health 309