About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school precalculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to solve real world problems using the Law of Cosines or Law of Sines
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about trigonometric applications in precalculus
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any trig applications in precalculus question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a trigonometric applications in precalculus unit of a standard high school precalculus course. Topics covered include:
- Using the Law of Cosines to solve oblique triangles
- Solving real world problems with the Law of Cosines
- Using the Law of Sines to solve a triangle and in real world applications
- Proving addition and subtraction formulas for sine, cosine and tangent
1. Solving Oblique Triangles Using the Law of Cosines
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the law of cosines to help you find a missing side or missing angle of any kind of triangle. Also, you will see what oblique triangles are.
2. Solving Real World Problems Using the Law of Cosines
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the law of cosines to solve real-world problems. Learn what kinds of real-world problems the law of cosines can help you solve.
3. Using the Law of Sines to Solve a Triangle
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the law of sines to find a missing side of a triangle as well as a missing angle of a triangle. Learn what you need to know about the triangle in order to use the formula.
4. Solving Real World Problems Using the Law of Sines
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the law of sines to solve problems that you will encounter in the real world. Learn what kind of shape you need in order to solve your real world problems.
5. Proving the Addition & Subtraction Formulas for Sine, Cosine & Tangent
Watch this video lesson, and you will see how the angle sum and difference identities are derived for sine, cosine, and tangent. You will also learn how you can use these identities to help you solve problems.
6. How to Find the Period of Cosine Functions
This lesson shows how to find the period of cosine functions. We then take it a step further and look at the amplitude, phase shift, and vertical shift of a cosine function and how to find all of these characteristics of cosine functions.
7. How to Find the Period of Sine Functions
This lesson will explain the forms that the sine function can take on, and it will teach us how to find the period of these functions. After learning how to find the period, we will look at a real world application.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Help and Review course
- Working with Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Working With Inequalities: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations: Help and Review
- Working with Complex Numbers: Help and Review
- Systems of Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Mathematical Modeling: Help and Review
- Introduction to Quadratics: Help and Review
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Help and Review
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Help and Review
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Help and Review
- Understanding Function Operations: Help and Review
- Graph Symmetry: Help and Review
- Graphing with Functions: Help and Review
- Rate of Change: Help and Review
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Help and Review
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Help and Review
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Help and Review
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Help and Review
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Graphs: Help and Review
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Identities: Help and Review
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Help and Review
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Help and Review
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Help and Review
- Sets in Algebra: Help and Review
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Help and Review
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Help and Review
- Continuity: Help and Review
- Limits: Help and Review