About This Chapter
Who's it for?
This unit of our High School Precalculus Homeschool course will benefit any student who is trying to learn to solve trigonometric equations. There is no faster or easier way to learn precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who require an efficient, self-paced course of study to learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to algebraically solve trigonometric equations with infinite solutions.
- Homeschool parents looking to spend less time preparing lessons and more time teaching.
- Homeschool parents who need a precalculus curriculum that appeals to multiple learning types (visual or auditory).
- Gifted students and students with learning differences.
How it works:
- Students watch a short, fun video lesson that covers a specific unit topic.
- Students and parents can refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Short quizzes and a Trigonometric Equations unit exam confirm understanding or identify any topics that require review.
Trigonometric Equations Unit Objectives:
- Use inverse trigonometric functions to solve trigonometric equations.
- Learn about the properties of inverse trigonometric functions.
- Differentiate between sine function and restricted sine function.
- Calculate a sinusoidal function.
1. Solve Trigonometric Equations with Identities & Inverses
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve trigonometric equations by making use of trigonometric identities and inverses. Learn the steps to take to get to your solution.
2. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
3. Properties of Inverse Trigonometric Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will understand why our inverse trigonometric functions have a limited range. Learn what this does. Also learn the notation for these functions.
4. Solving Trigonometric Equations with Restricted Domains
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to find the right answer for a trigonometric equation with a restricted domain. Learn what it means to have a restricted domain and what you need to do to find your answer.
5. Solving Trigonometric Equations with Infinite Solutions
Watch this video lesson and you will learn that all trigonometric equations have an infinite set of solutions. But you will also see that we can still go ahead and solve our equations and find concrete answers.
6. Finding the Sinusoidal Function
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to write a sinusoidal function to represent any wave that you see. Learn what parts of the function make the wave shift up, down, to the left, and to the right.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum course
- Graphing Linear Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Solving & Graphing Inequalities: Homeschool Curriculum
- Absolute Value Expressions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Graphing Complex Numbers: Homeschool Curriculum
- Solving Linear Systems: Homeschool Curriculum
- Linear Models: Homeschool Curriculum
- Quadratics: Homeschool Curriculum
- Quadratic Functions & Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Geometry Basics: Homeschool Curriculum
- Functions for Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum
- Using Function Operations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Recognizing Graph Symmetry: Homeschool Curriculum
- How to Graph Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Rate of Change: Homeschool Curriculum
- Polynomial Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Higher-Degree Polynomials: Homeschool Curriculum
- Difference Quotients in Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum
- Working with Rational Expressions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Evaluating Logarithmic Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Functions in Trigonometry: Homeschool Curriculum
- Using Trigonometric Graphs: Homeschool Curriculum
- Basic Trigonometric Identities: Homeschool Curriculum
- Laws of Sine & Cosine: Homeschool Curriculum
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Vectors & Matrices: Homeschool Curriculum
- Mathematical Sequences: Homeschool Curriculum
- Identifying Conic Sections: Homeschool Curriculum
- Parametric Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Continuity: Homeschool Curriculum
- Limits in Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum
- Groups & Sets in Algebra: Homeschool Curriculum