About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school trigonometry work.
- Identify the trigonometric functions concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our High School Trigonometry Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about trigonometric functions and earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding basic trigonometric functions, the first quadrant of the unit circle, special right triangles, the double angle formula or any other trigonometric functions topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their trigonometric functions unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school trigonometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about trigonometric functions simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live trigonometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about trigonometric functions on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Use sine and cosine to solve trigonometry equations.
- Explore the three trigonometric functions.
- Use unit circles and identify the quadrant of a unit circle.
- Solve problems with circular trigonometric functions.
- Identify the properties of special right triangles.
- Calculate trigonometric function values.
- Apply the laws of sines and cosines.
- Use the double angle formula.
- Change degrees to radians and the opposite.
1. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
2. Unit Circle: Memorizing the First Quadrant
Memorizing the unit circle can be a daunting task, but this lesson will show you a pattern to help you memorize the points, degree measures, and radian measures for the entire first quadrant.
3. Using Unit Circles to Relate Right Triangles to Sine & Cosine
The unit circle is a helpful tool for understanding trigonometric concepts. In this lesson, we'll look at right triangles on the unit circle to better grasp sine and cosine.
4. Practice Problems with Circular Trigonometric Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the unit circle to help you find your answer to trig problems without making too many calculations. Watch and learn how you can find your angle in radians on the unit circle.
5. Special Right Triangles: Types and Properties
Not all right triangles are the same. In this lesson, we'll look at two special right triangles (30-60-90 and 45-45-90) that have unique properties to help you quickly and easily solve certain triangle problems.
6. Trigonometric Function Values of Special Angles
After watching this video lesson, you will better understand the six trigonometric functions. You will also know what special angles there are and what the trigonometric values for these special angles are.
7. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
8. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
9. The Double Angle Formula
When you encounter a doubled angle, there are special formulas that can help you handle trigonometric value. In this lesson, we'll define and practice using the double angle formulas for sine, cosine and tangent.
10. Converting Between Radians and Degrees
Angles can be measured in degrees or radians. This lesson will explore the difference and provide you with a simple calculation that can be used to convert degrees into radians and radians into degrees.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Inequalities in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Review: Tutoring Solution
- Functions for Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing with Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions & Function Graphs in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Triangle Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Tutoring Solution
- Applications of Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Tutoring Solution
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Tutoring Solution