About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Trigonometric Graphs chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topic||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Graphing sine and cosine||Graphing wave transformations|
|Tuesday||Graphing the tangent function||Amplitude, period, and phase & vertical shift|
|Wednesday||Cosecant, secant and cotangent graphs||What these graphs look like and how they are transformed|
|Thursday||Trigonometric identity||Determining trigonometric identity using graphs|
|Friday||Trigonometric equations||Solving trigonometric equations using graphs|
1. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
2. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
3. Graphing the Cosecant, Secant & Cotangent Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will learn what the graphs of the cosecant, secant, and cotangent trigonometric functions look like. You will also learn how to see if these graphs are shifted or transformed.
4. Using Graphs to Determine Trigonometric Identity
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use graphs to determine whether an equation is a trigonometric identity or not. Learn what you need to look for to determine this.
5. Solving a Trigonometric Equation Graphically
How can you show someone that you have the right answer? This video lesson will show you how you can do this for a trigonometric equation. Learn what you need to watch for and how to get your answers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Linear Equations: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Inequalities: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Absolute Value Equations: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Complex Numbers: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Systems of Linear Equations: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Mathematical Modeling: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Solving Quadratics: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Quadratic Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Function Operations: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Graph Symmetry: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Graphing with Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Rate of Change: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Polynomial Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Advanced Polynomial Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Lesson Plans
- Rational Expressions & Function Graphs: Lesson Plans
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions: Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Identities: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Applications: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants: Lesson Plans
- Mathematical Sequences & Series: Lesson Plans
- Sets in Algebra: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections: Lesson Plans
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Lesson Plans
- Continuity: Precalculus Lesson Plans
- Limits: Precalculus Lesson Plans