About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your trigonometry homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your trigonometry homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- The unit circle
- Graphing sine, cosine and tangent
- Graphing sine and cosine transformations
- The law of sines
- The law of cosines
- The double angle formula
- Special right triangles
- Converting between radians and degrees
1. Graphing Sine and Cosine
Sine and cosine aren't just for triangles; they can also be waves. See them graphed on the unit circle and then learn how that translates into the sine and cosine waves.
2. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
3. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
4. Unit Circle: Memorizing the First Quadrant
Memorizing the unit circle can be a daunting task, but this lesson will show you a pattern to help you memorize the points, degree measures, and radian measures for the entire first quadrant.
5. Using Unit Circles to Relate Right Triangles to Sine & Cosine
The unit circle is a helpful tool for understanding trigonometric concepts. In this lesson, we'll look at right triangles on the unit circle to better grasp sine and cosine.
6. Special Right Triangles: Types and Properties
Not all right triangles are the same. In this lesson, we'll look at two special right triangles (30-60-90 and 45-45-90) that have unique properties to help you quickly and easily solve certain triangle problems.
7. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
8. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
9. The Double Angle Formula
When you encounter a doubled angle, there are special formulas that can help you handle trigonometric value. In this lesson, we'll define and practice using the double angle formulas for sine, cosine and tangent.
10. Converting Between Radians and Degrees
Angles can be measured in degrees or radians. This lesson will explore the difference and provide you with a simple calculation that can be used to convert degrees into radians and radians into degrees.
11. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
12. List of the Basic Trig Identities
There are specific trig functions that have very special and very simple relationships with each other. Learn the main one and how you can use it to understand the others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Functions: Homework Help
- Evaluating Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Inequalities: Homework Help
- Foundations and Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Graphing and Rational Equations: Homework Help
- Factoring and Graphing Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- Exponents and Polynomials: Homework Help
- Piecewise and Composite Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry and Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Using Scientific Calculators: Homework Help