About This Chapter
Troubleshooting Computer Issues - Chapter Summary
This self-paced computer science chapter shows you how to troubleshoot a variety of computer issues. As you progress through the lessons, you'll define computer troubleshooting terminology and address problems related to software, hardware and computer networks. You'll also see how technical support can be used to fix different computer issues. You can access the chapter at any time, and we've included short quizzes to help you retain the information. If you have any questions about computer troubleshooting, simply reach out to our instructors online. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Define terminology related to computer troubleshooting
- Identify network, hardware and software problems
- Troubleshoot computer issues with technical support
1. Computer Troubleshooting: Definition & Terminology
Computer gremlins are a part of our daily lives. Have you ever wondered how you can better solve these issues? In this lesson, you will learn some tips and tricks for troubleshooting computer problems.
2. Identifying Hardware, Software & Network Problems
Many of us have become so dependent on our technology that we become very frustrated when it doesn't work. In this lesson, we'll examine some basic troubleshooting guidelines that are useful in resolving a technical issue.
3. Using Technical Support to Troubleshoot Computer Issues
In this lesson, learn about the different types of computer issues you might encounter and the ways to use technical support to solve them, including antivirus programs, research, and technician calls.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts & Applications course
- Basic Computer Concepts
- Computer Hardware Components & Functions
- Application & System Software
- Operating Systems for Computers
- Telecommunications Systems
- Understanding Computer Files
- Web Browsers & Technology
- Using Microsoft Word
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Database Fundamentals
- Computer Programming Fundamentals
- Systems Development & Analysis
- Computer Threats & Security
- Technology's Ethical, Legal & Privacy Issues