About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the chapters of Tuck Everlasting will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the novel's content. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in their reading of Tuck Everlasting
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Tuck Everlasting Chapter Summaries practice exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction makes the content easy to follow.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Tuck Everlasting Chapter Summaries practice exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on the novel. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the chapters of Tuck Everlasting for a standard English course. Topics covered include:
- The prologue of Tuck Everlasting
- Summaries of chapters 1-25
- The ending and epilogue of the novel
1. Tuck Everlasting Prologue
This lesson will explore the Prologue of ''Tuck Everlasting'' which establishes the time period, location, and important events behind the plot of the novel.
2. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 1 Summary
In this lesson we will summarize Chapter 1 in ''Tuck Everlasting.'' We will learn why this first chapter is important and how it sets the stage and tone for the rest of the story.
3. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 2 Summary
In 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, the Tuck family is reuniting after being apart for quite a while. In this lesson, we will learn more about chapter two in this novel.
4. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 3 Summary
In chapter three of 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, we learn about Winnie Foster. Winnie is an independent girl who feels trapped in her home. In this lesson, we will learn more about Winnie from chapter three of the story.
5. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 4 Summary
In chapter four of 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie meets a stranger who is passing by their home. In this lesson, we will learn more about this exchange.
6. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 5 Summary
In chapter five of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie goes into the wood for the very first time and encounters the Tuck family. In this lesson, we will learn more about chapter five.
7. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 6 Summary
In chapter six of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie is shocked when soon after meeting Jesse Tuck, his brother and mother show up to kidnap her. Winnie wonders if she will ever see her family again.
8. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 7 Summary
In the seventh chapter of 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, the Tuck family explains why they kidnapped Winnie and why she should not drink the water under the pebbles.
9. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 8 Summary
In chapter eight of 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie is shocked by the things the Tucks have told her about the spring, but she no longer feels afraid.
10. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 9 Summary
This lesson provides a summary of Chapter 9 in Natalie Babbitt's 1975 classic novel for young readers, Tuck Everlasting, about a young girl who meets a family with an intriguing secret.
11. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 10 Summary
In the tenth chapter of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie arrives at the Tuck family cottage. She finds that their life is very different from hers, but she enjoys getting to know them better.
12. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 11 Summary
In chapter 11 of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie begins to wonder if it was a good idea to go to the Tucks home. After all, they are strangers.
13. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 12 Summary
Still feeling pangs of homesickness, even after a friendly meal with the Tucks, Winnie agrees to go out on the rowboat with Angus Tuck. Chapter 12 of ''Tuck Everlasting'' focuses on their excursion together out the pond.
14. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 13 Summary
In chapter 13 of 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, the stranger steals the horse from the Tucks so that he can quickly ride to the Foster home to tell them where Winnie has been taken.
15. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 14 Summary
In chapter fourteen of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie prepares to spend her first night away from home at the Tucks' cottage in the wood.
16. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 15 Summary
In Chapter 15 of ''Tuck Everlasting,'' we discover how evil the man in the yellow suit is. He tries to profit from the Fosters' distress after they learn young Winnie Foster has been abducted.
17. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 16 Summary
In Chapter 16 of 'Tuck Everlasting' by Natalie Babbitt, the stranger reports Winnie's location to the constable after securing a deal with the Fosters to buy their wood.
18. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 17 Summary
If given the opportunity, would you want to live forever? Immortality may seem ideal to many people and in chapter 17 of ''Tuck Everlasting'' Winnie thinks more about this idea while fishing with Miles.
19. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 18 Summary
Have you ever wished you could be part of a different family? In Chapter 18 of 'Tuck Everlasting', Winnie contemplates what life would be like with a family so starkly different from her own.
20. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 19 Summary
In Chapter 19 of 'Tuck Everlasting,' the man in the yellow suit comes to the Tuck house to take Winnie home. He reveals his knowledge of the family secret and the chapter ends in disaster.
21. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 20 Summary
In chapter 20 of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, the constable arrests Mae while the stranger is unconscious. Winnie needs a plan to keep Mae from being sent to the gallows.
22. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 21 Summary
In Chapter 21 of Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie returns home to her family. In this lesson Winnie contemplates what will happen to the man in the yellow suit and eventually learns that he has died.
23. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 22 Summary
In Chapter 22 of Tuck Everlasting, Winnie contemplates how she can help Mae. Soon Jesse comes to give her an update and she decides to help rescue Mae from the jail.
24. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 23 Summary
In chapter 23 of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie considers the plan to help Mae escape from jail and whether or not she should spend eternity with Jesse.
25. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 24 Summary
In chapter 24 of ''Tuck Everlasting'' by Natalie Babbitt, Winnie meets the Tuck family at the jail so they can help Mae escape. In this lesson, we will find out if they can get Mae out and get away before they are caught.
26. Tuck Everlasting Chapter 25 Summary
Chapter 25 is the last chapter in Tuck Everlasting. In this chapter, the reader learns what happens after Winnie helps Mae Tuck escape from jail and how Winnie uses the magic water that Jesse gave her.
27. Tuck Everlasting: Ending & Epilogue
The ending and epilogue of 'Tuck Everlasting' bring to a close the story of Winnie Foster and the peculiar Tuck family. In these two parts, the reader learns how Mae is able to escape from jail and what happens to Winnie and the Tuck family many years later.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.