About This Chapter
Types of Data for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
How much does your young student know about various types of data covered in elementary school math? This chapter can help you find out! Review lessons that examine population and census facts, qualitative data, discrete data and much more. Developed by top instructors, the lessons provide in-depth information and examples to make understanding data simple. You can also help reinforce and assess your student's understanding of these concepts with multiple-choice quizzes and a practice chapter exam. If you hit a snag and need additional details about any lesson concepts, don't hesitate to submit your questions to our experts.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with types of data in math will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about types of data.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding types of data presented in math problems
- Students with learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about types of data
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about types of data
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover qualitative, categorical or other types of data your student needs to learn or review.
- Review the lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about types of data.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands types of data in math by completing the Types of Data for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Categorical Data Lesson for Kids: Definition & Examples
The world is full of data that we use every day to help us make decisions, learn information, etc. We usually find data grouped either numerically or categorically. In this lesson, we are going to define categorical data, look at some examples and learn how to visually present this data.
2. Census Lesson for Kids
Have you ever heard of the U.S. census? In this lesson, we will learn what it means when someone takes a census, how a census is very different from a survey and how the U.S. takes a census.
3. What is Discrete Data in Math? - Definition & Examples
This lesson will introduce you to discrete data, including its definition. You'll also see how we can find discrete data all around us in our everyday lives and organize it into tables and graphs.
4. Population Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Do you know the population of your state? What does population really mean? In this lesson we will talk about population! We will also look at what kind of data population requires!
5. What is Qualitative Data? - Definition & Examples
Qualitative data is a completely different way to look at how to collect and analyze information. Learn about what qualitative data is, as well as some examples of qualitative data in the real world, and then test your knowledge with a quiz!
6. Three Circle Venn Diagrams
Sometimes there are sets of things that you need to pay close attention to so that you can make a good decision. Three circle Venn diagrams can help by easily showing you the relationship between these sets.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Math for Kids course
- Numbers for Elementary School
- Geometry for Elementary School
- Fractions for Elementary School
- Math Basics for Elementary School
- Statistics for Elementary School
- Number Properties for Elementary School
- Algebra for Elementary School
- Math Patterns for Elementary School
- History of Math for Elementary School
- Math Terms for Elementary School
- Working with Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Numbers for Elementary School
- Measurements for Elementary School
- Working with Data for Elementary School
- Representing Numbers for Elementary School
- Math Strategies for Elementary School
- Fraction Operations for Elementary School
- Shapes for Elementary School
- Negative Numbers for Elementary School
- Decimals for Elementary School
- Lines & Angles for Elementary School
- Multiplication for Elementary School