About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German verbs will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the different types of German verbs. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the different types of German verbs
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German verbs
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Types of German Verbs chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Types of German Verbs chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German verb question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German verbs unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- German verb forms
- Compound verbs in German
- Rules for German verb declension
- Strong and weak German verbs
- How to conjugate irregular German verbs
- Helping verbs in German
- German stem changing verbs
- Separable and inseparable prefix verbs in German
1. German Compound Verbs
In today's lesson, we will talk about German compound verbs. We will take a look at separable and inseparable compound verbs and how to use them in different sentences.
2. German Strong and Weak Verbs
In this lesson, we will take a look at the German weak (regular) and strong (irregular) verbs. We will learn the differences between them and see how to conjugate them in different tenses.
3. German Irregular Verb Conjugation
In this lesson, we will look at the German irregular verbs and learn how to conjugate them in the present and past tenses. We will learn about the three different groups of irregular verbs for the present tense.
4. German Helping Verbs
In this lesson, we will take a look at the three German helping verbs ''haben'', ''sein'' and ''werden''. We will learn which tenses and voices use them and how to build them.
5. German Stem Changing Verbs
German has both regular verbs and irregular verbs. It also has stem changing verbs. These like to appear like regular verbs with a few differences. Today's lesson will explain those differences and have you conjugating like a pro.
6. German Separable & Inseparable Prefix Verbs
In English, when we want to add extra meaning to a verb we usually add a word after it. In German, this is done by adding a prefix in front of the verb. When these prefixes are added, the verb becomes either a separable or inseparable prefix verb. This lesson will teach you some of these verbs and how to use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods