About This Chapter
Types of Landforms for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This collection of kid-friendly geography lessons and quizzes teaches interesting facts about various types of landforms. The chapter can be used by parents and teachers who want to reinforce the topics their students have been learning in class. Students will enjoy our instructors' engaging teaching style, and they can expect to learn about canals, cliffs, coves, sand dunes, bays and other common landform types. You can access the chapter any time, using any computer or mobile device.
- Sand dunes
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about types of landforms will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about various landform types, such as bays, canyons, cliffs, deltas and coves.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding facts about landforms
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about different types of landforms
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about geography (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about landform types
- Students who struggle to understand their geography teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra geography resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the landform topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about different types of landforms.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands landform facts by administering the Types of Landforms for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Archipelago Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
There are many different types of landforms, including island chains called archipelagos. In this lesson, learn about how archipelagos are formed and discover some famous archipelagos.
2. Atoll Lesson for Kids: Definition, Formation & Facts
Need a tropical vacation? Take an adventure to a special type of remote island called an atoll. In this lesson, we will investigate what is an atoll, how does an atoll form, and some interesting facts.
3. Bay Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you will learn about bays, including where they can be found and how they are formed. We will also explore some famous bays as well as the ecosystems that bays provide.
4. Butte Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you'll learn how a butte is formed from a mesa. Don't worry if you haven't heard either of these terms before; you will find out what they mean and how they are different. You'll also learn about some examples of famous buttes.
5. Canal Definition: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you'll learn how the development of canals helped solve some difficult transportation problems. Read on to find out what canals are, how they're used, and why they're important.
6. Canyon Lesson for Kids: Definition, Formation & Facts
Canyons are amazing landforms that can be found in many parts of the world. In this lesson, learn the definition of a canyon, how a canyon is formed, and discover some cool facts about canyons.
7. Cliff Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Of the many landforms on the Earth, cliffs are some of the most challenging. In this lesson, find out what a cliff is, how they're formed, and why they are a challenge for people who try to climb them.
8. Cove Definition: Lesson for Kids
There are many different kinds of landforms on Earth. In this lesson, you'll learn about coves. Read on to find out what coves are, how they are formed, and why they were important to ancient people.
9. Delta Lesson for Kids: Definition, Formation & Facts
Deltas are created as rivers empty into larger bodies of water. In this lesson, learn the definition of a delta, how a delta is formed, and discover facts about famous deltas.
10. Sand Dune Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you'll find out how sand dunes are formed and why some of them are in different shapes. You'll also find out what makes some sand dunes sing!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Geography for Kids course