About This Chapter
Types of Trade - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our expert instructors to review different types of trade in commerce. The chapter's short lessons help you identify different trade types and evaluate the roles of various trade organizations, including wholesale intermediaries and trade associations. You'll also take a look at the differences between home trade and retail trade. After completing the chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify different types and roles of wholesale intermediaries
- Differentiate between retail trade and home trade
- Understand what trade associations and chambers of commerce do
We've included self-assessment quizzes to solidify your comprehension of important trade terms and concepts. If you have any questions, simply submit them to our team of instructors. You can quickly navigate to the lesson topics you want to study by using your course Dashboard. This chapter is available 24/7 and accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
1. Types of Wholesale Intermediaries
One of the challenges facing many manufacturers of consumer products is getting products in front of consumers. In this lesson, you'll learn about types of wholesale intermediaries and the roles they play in the product distribution process.
2. Retail Trade: Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Retail trade offers goods to the general public, from a small-scale itinerant merchant to a warehouse-sized hypermarket. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the characteristics and types of retail trade operations.
3. Role of Chambers of Commerce & Trade Associations
Businesses have a multitude of organizations and associations at their disposal to help with networking, awareness, and marketing. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the chamber of commerce and industry and trade association.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISC Commerce: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Introduction to Indian Commercial Organization
- Forms of Indian Business Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Businesses
- Emerging Modes of Business
- Stock Exchange in India
- Understanding Foreign Trade
- Insurance & Risk Management Basics
- Business Environment Overview
- Types of Financing
- Management Theories & Functions
- Marketing in India
- ISC Commerce Flashcards