About This Chapter
Understanding Business Analysis - Chapter Summary
In this engaging chapter, our instructors present brief lessons on business analysis. You'll study the process and methods associated with business analysis along with the definition and theory of systems thinking in management. Other lessons cover systems analysis and design for business and what goes into the decision-making process for organizations. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Identify the tools used for business rules
- Detail business rules management software and industry analysis for business plans
- Define service business analysis
- Explain the process and techniques associated with requirements analysis
- Outline a template for business impact analysis
- Discuss the methods used in stakeholder analysis
- Give an example of the responsibility assignment matrix
You can work at your own pace and review these lessons as many times as you need in order to master these topics. Our lessons have been created by professional instructors to help you understand these subjects in a user-friendly and enjoyable way. Each lesson is followed by a short quiz you can use to see how well you've understood what you've learned.
1. What Is Business Analysis? - Process, Methods & Example
In this lesson, you will learn how companies use the concepts of business analysis to resolve problems and change business processes. We will also learn about specific methods and techniques that can be used when conducting a business analysis.
2. Systems Thinking in Management: Definition, Theory & Model
System thinking is an essential component of a learning organization. In this lesson, we will be exploring the definition of system thinking, its underlying theory, and model.
3. Systems Analysis & Design in Business
The process of systems analysis and design involves analyzing information systems to meet a set of particular needs. This course explores how systems analysis and design is used in business. Read on to learn more.
4. The Decision Making Process for Organizations
We will be discussing the formal decision making process for managers. The process will show you how to look at a problem and use a series of steps to address that problem. It is a key element of managerial decision making and one that is very practical for the business environment.
5. Business Rules: Engines & Tools
In this lesson, you will learn about business rules engine software and their importance. You will also learn more about the tools that are used in the process of developing and using business rules.
6. Business Rules Management: System & Software
In this lesson, you will learn the concept of business rules management. Business rules management plays an important role in any organization that has complex business processes. The lesson also describes the system and software that is used in Business Rules Management.
7. Industry Analysis for Business Plans
How do you know that your business is better than others in your industry? In your business plan, the industry analysis is a detailed and informative section that explains the industry you will be operating in and why your business is a unique addition to the industry.
8. Service Business Analysis: Definition, Sample & Plan
What is a business analysis, and why is it important for the success of a business enterprise? What are the specifics of a service business analysis, and how does a service business plan and analysis differ from other types of business analysis and plans?
9. Business Impact Analysis: Template & Example
How do you rebound from a business disaster? That's one of the things a business impact analysis can tell you. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this type of analysis and find a template to create your own.
10. Requirements Analysis: Process & Tools
This lesson outlines the importance of requirements analysis to project management, the different types of requirements encountered and a few tools to help discover and document them.
11. Requirements Analysis: Techniques & Example
It is critically important that project requirements are analyzed completely, both while they are gathered and throughout the project life cycle. This lesson walks through several techniques, using an example of a simple development project.
12. What is Stakeholder Analysis? - Definition & Methods
Knowing who has an interest in your company helps improve your success. In this lesson we will learn how to identify those people and their power over the company and the company's projects.
13. Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Definition & Example
The Responsibility Assignment Matrix, also known as a Responsibility Accountability Matrix or RACI matrix, is a key component of completing a project successfully. It identifies the role each person plays and what they are accountable for.
14. Risk Analysis Plans for Businesses: Techniques & Examples
In the universe of business, risk is an everyday reality. At some point in your career, you will need to make a business decision that involves risk. In this course, we will examine how you can use risk analysis tools to help you effectively deal with risks.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PMI-PBA® Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis course
- PMI-PBA® Certification Overview
- Business Needs Assessment
- Leadership Principles
- Business Analysis Planning
- Business Analysis Methods
- Types of Business Analysis & Management Models
- Business Analysis Tools & Techniques
- Traceability & Monitoring in Business
- Communication, Conflict Resolution & Negotiation in Business
- Business Analysis Evaluation
- PMI-PBA Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis Flashcards