About This Chapter
Understanding Cultural Agility in Organizations - Chapter Summary
Our corporate training chapter is all about cultural agility in organizations, and you can use it in your training programs. Your employees will learn about viewpoints on cultural agility as well as cross-cultural psychology and relationships in agile organizations. A short, multiple-choice quiz follows each lesson, so you can assess the knowledge of your employees quickly and easily.
How It Helps
- Eases training: Utilize this chapter for a variety of uses, whether it's leading a corporate training workshop on cultural agility or assigning lessons to new hires.
- Defines topics: When your employees use this chapter to study, they'll review the definition of cultural agility, cultural adaptation and cross-cultural interactions.
- Builds confidence: By using this chapter with your employees, you can be sure they understand the important concepts associated with cultural agility and can apply them to the cross-cultural interactions they experience.
Our chapter is a helpful way to work through the following objectives with your employees:
- Define cultural agility with examples
- Discuss the viewpoints and perspectives of cultural agility*Outline cultural minimization, integration and adaptation in agile organizations
- Explain cross-cultural psychology in agile organizations
- Identify cross-cultural relationships and interactions in agile organizations
- Detail how agile organizations handle cross-cultural decision making
1. What Is Cultural Agility? - Definition & Example
This lesson will define culture, cultural agility, and the traits culturally agile professionals share. It will also go over examples of how companies use cultural agility successfully.
2. Cultural Agility: Perspectives & Viewpoints
Cultural agility is a key skill in the global marketplace. Learn how considering different perspectives and appreciating diverse viewpoints can boost your cultural agility.
3. Cultural Adaptation, Minimization & Integration in Agile Organizations
Cross-cultural agility includes three behavioral competencies of adapting, minimizing, and integrating across cultures. This lesson defines these competencies and illustrates their use in the real world.
4. Cross-Cultural Psychology in Agile Organizations
Cross-cultural agility helps an organization's leaders feel comfortable with cultural differences. This lesson explores three agile competencies that decrease the fear that often accompanies a cross-cultural experience.
5. Cross-Cultural Interactions & Relationships in Agile Organizations
This lesson describes the three cultural agility competencies affecting an individual's cross-cultural interactions. It also describes how these competencies prepare professionals to develop cross-cultural relationships in global situations.
6. Practical Application: Assessing Cross-Cultural Interactions & Relationships at Work
This self-assessment will help you evaluate your skills in agility in cross-cultural settings in the workplace. After answering the quiz, we'll go over your responses to identify strengths and areas for growth.
7. Cross-Cultural Decision Making in Agile Organizations
This lesson identifies the three cultural agility competencies affecting decisions in a cross-cultural context: knowledge and integration of cross-cultural issues, receptivity to adopting diverse ideas, and divergent thinking and creativity.
Earning College Credit
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page