About This Chapter
Understanding Customer Needs - Chapter Summary
Give your employees access to quality video lessons that can help them grasp the needs of your customers. After reviewing the lessons, they will better comprehend:
- The different types of customer needs and reasons these needs change
- Why it's important to understand the marketplace and customer needs
- How product complexity and customer involvement can impact the customer's need for support
Simplify your corporate training sessions by showing the video lessons to employees in groups. You can have them discuss their understanding of customer needs afterward. Short quizzes and a chapter exam are available to reinforce concepts learned in the lessons.
How It Helps
- Creates awareness: The lessons can make your employees aware of customer needs and examine ways in which they can play a role in meeting those needs.
- Strengthens customer relationships: As employees learn about the complexity of customer needs, including characteristics that impact those needs, they can work to improve their interactions with the public.
- Improves your business: This chapter provides insight into marketplace concepts your company can use to better understand and address customer needs, then improve your products and services with them in mind.
Completing this chapter will ensure your employees are able to:
- List different types of customer needs and discuss how they can change according to a customer's characteristics
- Identify five core marketplace characteristics that include needs, market offerings and value
- Explain why the customer's need for support is impacted by the complexity of a product and their degree of involvement when making a purchase
- Discuss how product classification can alter expectations for customer service and after-sales support
1. Customer Needs: Types & Differentiation by Customer Group
This lesson covers knowing your customers and matching their needs. You'll learn why it is important to know your customer, what they are looking for, and how customers vary.
2. Practical Application: Understanding Customer Needs & Differentiation
These scenarios will help you practice analyzing customer needs. Throughout the scenario, we'll examine what the customer may want or need based on various factors such as gender, age, lifestyle, and socioeconomic status.
3. Understanding the Marketplace & Customer Needs
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find a market for your products. Learn that you have to know which product to pick or create before becoming a successful business person.
4. Customer Need & Support: Product Complexity & Involvement
This lesson explains how more complex products require more customer support. In addition, it includes a look at how product classifications and after-sales services play a role in meeting customer need.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.