About This Chapter
Understanding Customer Service & Retention - Chapter Summary
Your employees can watch the engaging video lessons in this chapter to get a better understanding of customer service and examine the steps necessary to increase customer retention. Employees will learn the following:
- How customer satisfaction relates to retention
- Why retaining customers is easier than acquiring new ones
- Ways to measure customer satisfaction to improve retention
- Using customer relationship management (CRM) systems to focus on customers
The video lessons examine steps your employees can take to ensure your customers are always satisfied and willing to continuously support your business. After completing each lesson, employees can take the self-assessment quizzes to test their comprehension of the materials. If you have any questions about this chapter, our instructors are available to help.
How It Helps
- Improves customer relations: As your employees learn the value of quality customer service, your relationships with those customers will strengthen, increasing the odds that many will return to support your company.
- Creates dedicated workers: Training your employees on customer retention gets them more involved in your overarching mission, which helps them become more dedicated to their jobs.
- Increases profits: The lessons offer solutions for customer satisfaction and retention that can help improve business operations and increase profits.
By the end of this chapter, employees will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain how satisfying a customer increases your likelihood of retention
- Detail how a satisfied customer becomes a long-term customer
- Describe the importance of and identify methods for measuring customer satisfaction
- Outline how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable
1. The Relationship Between Customer Satisfaction & Retention
Thriving businesses require two types of customers: first-time clients and returning customers. This lesson discusses how customer satisfaction and retention work together to build a strong client following for your business.
2. Measuring Customer Satisfaction to Improve Retention
Customer satisfaction is the key to a successful business. This lesson will discuss different customer satisfaction measurements that can improve retention and build relationships with customers.
3. Practical Application: Measuring Customer Satisfaction Using Surveys & Focus Groups
In business, making assumptions about customers can be a big mistake. Customers may not want what businesses assume they want. In some cases, customers struggle to articulate what they want. To combat this, companies use surveys and focus groups.
4. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Improving Customer Satisfaction & Retention course