About This Chapter
Understanding Data Visualization - Chapter Summary
Our chapter on understanding data visualization provides a helpful way for you to teach your employees about these concepts. They'll review videos about data mining visualization techniques, D3.js and Tableau. They'll find self-assessment quizzes attached to each lesson.
How It Helps
- Offers tips: Let your teams review a variety of techniques associated with data visualization, from data mining visualization to information visualization.
- Provides several tools & techniques: You and your employees will have access to several lessons that focus on big data and related applications.
- Promotes knowledge: Some of the subjects presented in these lessons include the types of information visualization and 3D data visualization.
Use this chapter to teach your employees to do the following:
- Outline the importance of data visualization
- Differentiate between data analytics and data visualization
- Discuss the types, tools and techniques associated with information visualization
- Detail techniques used for data mining and big data visualization
- Identify the problems associated with 3D data visualization
- Define scalable vector graphics (SVG)
- Display knowledge of the data visualization applications of Tableau
- Describe the visualizations associated with D3.js
- Give data visualization examples
1. The Importance of Data Visualization
In this lesson, we examine what data visualization is. We see the impact it has on conveying information from large, text-based data sources. We examine its evolution and importance today.
2. Data Visualization vs. Data Analytics
Getting a handle on the vast amounts of information we collect these days is of the utmost importance. In this lesson, we'll take a look at two processes that can help, Data Visualization and Data Analytics.
3. Information Visualization: Examples & Types
In this lesson, we'll take a look at visualization, what it is, what information visualization is, types of information visualization, and some examples.
4. Information Visualization: Tools & Techniques
In this lesson, we'll take a look at information visualization, what it is, some tools you might use to make it happen, and some techniques that lend themselves to it.
5. Data Mining Visualization Techniques
Deriving new information and presenting it in a visual fashion are important these days. In this lesson, we will look at data mining, data visualization, and some visualization techniques that are used in data mining.
6. Big Data Visualization Tools & Techniques
Information sets are getting larger, and with them, the desire to see what the information looks like. In this lesson, we'll take a look at Big Data, data visualization, and some tools and techniques used to work with them.
7. 3D Data Visualization: Problems & Tools
In this lesson, we'll take a look at data visualization, what it is, how 3D data visualization is different, the problems associated with it, and some tools used to create it.
8. Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG): Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at scalable vector graphics, what they are, why we use them, and some examples of its use. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this significant technology.
9. What is D3.js? - Visualizations & Examples
Visuals are important. They affect our lives in many ways. In this lesson, we'll take a look at D3.js, what it is, how it relates to data visualization, and some examples.
10. Practical Application: Data Visualization Examples
Great leaders know how to use data effectively when making business decisions. This is a scenario-based application of various data visualization methods.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Data Science for Marketing course