About This Chapter
Understanding Global Economic Environments - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this international business chapter cover information that helps you learn about global economic environments. By examining topics like economic integration and global strategies, the chapter enables you to analyze the economic environments and business potentials. We've included plenty of resources to help you retain the information you learn, such as printable lesson transcripts, video lessons and self-assessment quizzes. You can reach out to our instructors if you have any questions, and the online format allows you to study whenever you have free time. The lessons in this business chapter will help you:
- Explain the theory behind economic integration
- Assess international economic environment factors in marketing
- Evaluate political and economic systems in global business
- Recognize examples of political and economic systems
- Analyze economic environment and business potential
1. Economic Integration: Theory, Levels & Types
There has been a trend towards economic integration over the past decades. In this lesson, we'll learn about economic integration, its theoretical basis, and different levels of integration.
2. International Economic Environment in Marketing: Definition & Factors
In this lesson, we'll discuss the global economic environment while learning how it can affect international business operations. We'll also take a look at the business cycle.
3. Political & Economic Systems in Global Business
Understanding the different political and economic systems in global business can be a difficult task. We will identify the major types of political and economic systems in which companies operate across the world and the special challenges posed by doing business in diverse settings.
4. Analyzing Economic Environment & Business Potential
When any organization is looking to expand abroad, it first needs to find the right place. Data on the economic environment can show the risks and benefits of entering into a new market. This lesson looks at the data organizations can get about the economic environment to decide where to expand.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Globalization & International Business
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- World Trade Organization
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Global Money System
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- Crisis Management & International Business
- International Business Ethics