About This Chapter
Understanding Health Care - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, the advantages and disadvantages of universal health care will be discussed. Online instructors help you contemplate this important principle, breaking down topics in an easy-to-understand manner. As you progress through the chapter you will start to grasp the bigger picture of health care systems and understand the different types that exist today. After you are done, you should be able to:
- State why people would want universal health care
- Identify attitudes towards health care
- Describe different types of health care systems
Making your way through this chapter isn't difficult because each video lesson is not that long. The videos make learning fun, and you also have access to video tags. So if you need to scroll to a certain part in a video to learn about a specific topic, you just have to click on the corresponding tag in the timeline. Make sure you are retaining information after every lesson by using the self-assessment quizzes.
1. What Is Universal Health Care? - Definition, Pros and Cons
Did you know that there are over 45 million people in the United States who do not have health care? Learn more about universal health care, arguments that support universal health care, and arguments against it.
2. Health Care: Awareness, Attitudes, & Prevention
During late life, health issues can become both more common and more serious. But health can be impacted by a person's attitudes and behaviors. In this lesson, we'll explore how prevention and attitude can play a role in older people's health.
3. Health Care Systems: Types & Concept
In this lesson, we will take a look at the different types of health care systems and how they affect the lives and well-being of communities around the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Health (043): Practice & Study Guide course
- Overview of the Human Body
- Understanding Emotional & Mental Health
- Factors Affecting Social Health
- Psychosocial Health for Personal Wellness
- Alcohol & Tobacco Use and Personal Health
- Drugs & Substance Use Disorders
- Family & Peer Relationships
- Nutrition's Role in Health
- Diseases & the Immune System
- Consumer Awareness of Health Care
- Media & Advertising in Health Information
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles: Exercise & Your Body
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles: Stress Management
- Intentional Violence and Injury
- Communication Processes & Skills
- Learning Assessments
- The Government's Role in Public Education
- Health Education Strategies
- Planning & Implementing Health Education Programs
- Health Advocacy & Information Resources
- Health Education Programs
- Evaluating Health Education Programs
- MTTC Health Flashcards