About This Chapter
Understanding Joints & Joint Issues - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors outline joints and joint issues. You'll review different kinds of joints and some of the causes and treatments for common joint injuries. After each lesson, you'll find a short quiz you can use to test your understanding and make sure you're keeping up. These learning tools are accessible 24 hours a day so you can study at whatever time works best for you. Our instructors are available to answer your questions if you need assistance staying on track. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Explain the movement of the hinge joints in the body
- Detail the causes of trochanteric bursitis
- Identify the location of the knee bursae
- Outline the causes of bursae knee pain
- Describe the function of the articular capsule of the knee joint
1. Hinge Joints in the Body: Definition, Movement & Examples
Some of the joints in your body are classified as hinge joints. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of the movement of hinge joints and will be provided with some examples.
2. Trochanteric Bursitis: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
Trochanteric bursitis is the inflammation and irritation of protective fluid-filled sacs on the hip bone. Read this lesson to learn about common symptoms and causes of trochanteric bursitis, and how to treat it.
3. Knee Bursae: Locations & Anatomy
Have you ever heard of a knee? Of course, you have. How about knee bursae? In this lesson, we are going to talk about the knee bursae, as well as their locations and anatomy.
4. Bursae Knee Pain: Inflamed & Ruptured Bursa Sac
In this lesson, we will discuss the unique structure of the bursa and associated knee pain. Specifically, we will cover two conditions, inflamed and ruptured bursae sacs.
5. Articular Capsule of the Knee Joint: Definition & Function
The articular capsule of the knee joint surrounds the knee joint and consists of various structures and tissues. In this lesson, learn about the definition and function of the articular capsule of the knee joint.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Nursing Training course
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diet Plans for Diabetes
- Surgical Procedures
- Treating Bites & Stings
- Identifying & Treating Bone Issues
- Treating Cystitis
- Weight-Related Issues
- Understanding & Treating Fistula
- Patella Injuries & Issues
- Types & Application of Casts
- Types & Application of Splints
- Understanding & Treating Hernias
- Understanding & Treating Sciatica
- Understanding & Treating Hepatitis
- Understanding Occupational Disease
- Treating Occupational Disease
- Diseases of the Central Nervous System
- Digestive & Intestinal Diseases
- Rheumatic Fever & Heart Disease