About This Chapter
Understanding Management & Stakeholders in Business - Chapter Summary
Take a look at this collection of fun video lessons to review the roles of management and stakeholders in business. As you progress through the chapter, you'll study several management functions and levels, as well as the business decision-making process and the interaction between organizations and stakeholders. Take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your understanding of the lesson topics. The chapter can be accessed at any time of day or night, and you can use any Internet-connected device to study. When you're finished working through the chapter, you should be able to:
- Compare top, middle and low-level management in organizations
- Define the four functions of management
- Understand how organizations make decisions
- Explain how modern corporations are organized and how they interact with stakeholders
- Evaluate the effects of business decisions on stakeholders
- Assess the importance of stakeholder management
- Describe collaborative relationships between stakeholders and organizations
1. Management in Organizations: Top, Middle & Low-Level Managers
The role of a manager in organizations is complex. While managers can come in different shapes and sizes they all share the task of utilizing people and resources to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will discuss the roles and functions of management found in each of the three levels of management.
2. Four Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Leading & Controlling
A person who holds a management position inside an organization is required to think strategically and conceptually in order to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will describe the four functions of management and how they relate to organizational success.
3. The Decision Making Process for Organizations
We will be discussing the formal decision making process for managers. The process will show you how to look at a problem and use a series of steps to address that problem. It is a key element of managerial decision making and one that is very practical for the business environment.
4. The Organization of Modern Corporations & Interaction with Stakeholders
In this lesson, you will learn how modern corporations have to organize their departments in order to provide direct interaction with various stakeholders.
5. The Impact of Business Decisions on Stakeholders
In this lesson, you will learn about the impact of business decisions on stakeholders and the various difficulties in making appropriate ethical decisions that result in fair outcomes for all constituents.
6. Stakeholder Management: Definition & Importance
In this lesson, you will learn about project stakeholders and why stakeholder management is a very important part of project management. You will also learn what should be included in a good stakeholder management plan and how it can assist you in managing your stakeholders.
7. Building Collaborative Relationships Between Organizations & Their Stakeholders
Companies need to invest time in building collaborative relationships between organizations and their stakeholders. In this lesson, you will learn about stakeholder engagement stages.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Business Ethics: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Business, Government & Society Overview
- Understanding Business Ethics
- The Interaction of Business, Government & Society
- Public Affairs & Crisis Management for Business
- Employer-Employee Relationships
- Promoting Diversity in the Workforce
- Stockholders & Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility & the Community
- Consumer Rights & Protections
- The Importance of Ethics in Advertising
- Business & Special Interest Groups
- The US Government & Legislation
- Regulations & Public Policy for Business
- The Judicial Branch of the US Government
- Business & Antitrust Laws
- Global Business Environment Overview
- Understanding International Trade & Business Law
- Understanding Technology in Business
- Understanding Environmental Issues in Business
- UExcel Business Ethics Flashcards