About This Chapter
Understanding Supply Chain Management - Chapter Summary
Whether you have gone over the details of supply chain management before, or if the topic is completely new to you, going through our chapter will help you get up to speed on all the important topics. Each chapter consists of several brief lessons, and the lessons each focus on one key concept. This allows you to build your knowledge base one piece at a time, but it also gives you the option to pick and choose the topics you want to review. Once you complete the chapter, you'll possess the skills and the know-how to do the following:
- Describe the various elements and tech associated with supply chain management
- Identify the theory of constraints and lean manufacturing
- Analyze enterprise resource planning
- Check out examples of the theory of constraints
- Define the process involved with throughput
- Examine capacity requirements planning (ERP)
- Explain adjusting capacity alternatives
If you don't have a lot of time to study, our site has the solutions to accommodate your busy schedule. For starters, we stream everything we offer online all the time, including the lessons, quizzes, and other learning tools. Therefore, as long as you have an Internet-ready device and a Wi-Fi connection, you can study practically anywhere.
Next, we don't weigh you down with long, endless chapters. People learn better in short increments, so we break up our chapters into manageable lessons. You can get through a whole lesson in around 10 minutes, if not less, which means you can maximize all those gaps in your day by fitting in lessons here and there. Even if you can only fit two or three lessons sporadically throughout your day, you will be surprised at how fast you can make your way through a chapter.
1. Supply Chain Management: Technology, Measurement, Relationship & Material Integration
Marketing managers realize how distribution can be costly if there is not an efficient plan in place. Supply chain management is a strategy that allows seamless integration of all pieces of the distribution chain.
2. Lean Manufacturing & the Theory of Constraints
In this lesson, you'll learn about lean manufacturing and the elimination of waste in the world of business. We'll define the term and build a connection to the theory of constraints.
3. Enterprise Resource Planning: Using ERP to Integrate Business Processes
Enterprise resource planning is a set of integrated program to manage the critical operations for an entire organization. Learn about the advantages and challenges of implementing ERP.
4. Theory of Constraints: Definition & Examples
Improving output and productivity is a goal of manufacturing. This lesson will discuss the theory of constraints, a methodology used to improve production and profit. Examples will be discussed.
5. What is Throughput? - Definition & Process
Products move through various steps during production. In order for a company to keep track of the time it takes to arrive at a finished good, they use a method known as throughput. In this lesson, we will define the term and learn the process.
6. Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP)
Watch this video lesson to learn how capacity requirements planning can help a business to fulfill its orders. Learn what information is needed to perform this type of planning, and see what kind of information is gained.
7. Alternatives for Adjusting Capacity
When demand changes, companies have a number of alternatives to making long-run changes to their productivity. In this lesson, we look at how companies can quickly adjust their capacity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Management Accountant (CMA): Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Financial Statements Overview
- Financial Valuation, Recognition & Measurement
- Financial Strategic Planning
- Budgeting Concepts for Accountants
- Forecasting Techniques in Business
- Budgeting Methodologies in Accounting
- Annual Profit Planning
- Financial Projections
- Cost & Variance Measures in Performance Management
- Responsibility Centers & Reporting Segments
- Performance Measurement in Accounting
- Cost Measurement & Systems
- Overhead Costs
- Business Process Improvement
- Governance, Risk & Compliance in Accounting
- Accounting Systems Controls & Security Measures
- Accounting & Enterprise Information Systems
- Data Governance
- Technology-Enabled Finance Transformation
- Data Analytics
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis
- Profitability Analysis
- Financial Statement Special Issues
- Basics of Corporate Finance
- Capital Management Overview
- Corporate Restructuring
- International Finance Practices
- Business Decision Analysis
- Risk Management for Business
- Investment Decisions
- Accountant Professional Ethics
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Flashcards