About This Chapter
Understanding Technology in Business - Chapter Summary
This entertaining chapter simplifies the process of understanding technology in business. Watch bite-sized lessons to study business technology, biotechnology, the relationship between technology and business success and more. Each lesson is paired with a short quiz you can take to gauge your knowledge of the concepts it covers. Our practice exam tests your overall comprehension of technology in business. Any questions that arise while studying this chapter can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard. Taking advantage of these resources will enable you to do the following:
- Discuss the characteristics and development of business technology
- Explain the impact the Internet has on business operations and interactions
- Detail ways technology has helped achieve business success
- List and discuss ethical issues in managing business technology
- Outline the history of biotechnology
1. What is Business Technology? - Characteristics & Development
Technology is the essence of change in business and society. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, its characteristics, its historical phases and how innovation is fueled today.
2. The Internet's Impact on Business Operations & Interactions
In this lesson, you will learn how the Internet and other technological innovations have changed the way organizations operate and interact with their stakeholders.
3. How Technology Helps Achieve Business Success
Technology can help aid in the success of a business and has a winner-take-most-market reality for those with the best and most efficient technologies. In this lesson, you will learn the key ways technology helps businesses become leaders in their market.
4. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
5. What is Biotechnology? - Definition, History & Examples
Biotechnology is a broad category and includes some surprising concepts. Learn what practices and disciplines fall under this exciting and expanding classification.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Business Ethics: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Business, Government & Society Overview
- Understanding Business Ethics
- The Interaction of Business, Government & Society
- Understanding Management & Stakeholders in Business
- Public Affairs & Crisis Management for Business
- Employer-Employee Relationships
- Promoting Diversity in the Workforce
- Stockholders & Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility & the Community
- Consumer Rights & Protections
- The Importance of Ethics in Advertising
- Business & Special Interest Groups
- The US Government & Legislation
- Regulations & Public Policy for Business
- The Judicial Branch of the US Government
- Business & Antitrust Laws
- Global Business Environment Overview
- Understanding International Trade & Business Law
- Understanding Environmental Issues in Business
- UExcel Business Ethics Flashcards