About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your functions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your functions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Identify, notate and compose functions
- Shift graphs on a plane using transformations
- Find a function's range and domain
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide functions
- Understand inverse functions
- Apply function operations to solve practice problems
1. Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
A function is simply a rule that takes one number and turns it into another. But some special conditions must apply for it to be a true mathematical function. Learn about those conditions and how we write functions here!
2. Transformations: How to Shift Graphs on a Plane
What is a transformation? Well, it's something that transforms one function into another! To see what I mean and how that looks, check out this lesson!
3. What Is Domain and Range in a Function?
The domain and range are the possible outputs and inputs of a function. In this lesson, learn about what might restrict the domain and how to figure out the domain and range from a graph.
4. How to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Functions
Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing functions is about as simple as substituting in expressions and then just doing whichever operation it asks you to do. Check out this video lesson to see some examples of this and learn just how easy it is!
5. How to Compose Functions
Function composition is the process of putting two or more functions together. This video lesson will explain how this process works and also show you how to evaluate functions that have been composed.
6. Inverse Functions
Inverse functions are two functions that do exactly opposite things. Check out this lesson to learn about how to write inverse functions, find inverse functions, and predict whether or not they exist.
7. Applying Function Operations Practice Problems
In this lesson, learn how to apply all the different properties of functions to solve complex problems. From function operations and composition to domain and range, get your practice here!
Earning College Credit
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Other chapters within the Learning Calculus: Basics & Homework Help course
- Overview of Graphing & Functions
- Understanding Sequences & Series
- Overview of Continuity
- Understanding Exponentials & Logarithms
- Using Exponents and Polynomials
- Understanding Applications of Derivatives
- Overview of Differential Equations
- Calculating the Area Under the Curve and Integrals
- Understanding Graphing Derivatives & L'Hopital's Rule
- Integrations in Calculus
- Basics of Geometry & Trigonometry