About This Chapter
Unique Purchasing & Procurement Requirements - Chapter Summary
Knowing the process of project procurement management is important for government auditing. This chapter contains all of the lessons you will need to master this information. The following topics are included:
- Government market and its role in purchasing goods and services
- Basic recommendations for procurement and supplier selection
- Process companies follow for obtaining supplies for projects
Experienced instructors walk you through the concepts in these short and engaging lessons. The instructors use examples to help you fully understand the concepts in this chapter. You can use the quizzes after the lesson to assess your knowledge and understanding of the topics. The instructors are here to assist you if you have any questions.
1. Government Market: Definition & Overview
The single largest purchaser of goods and services in the United States is the federal government. In this lesson, you'll learn about the government market and the procurement procedures utilized. We'll also touch on the dispute process.
2. Procurement & Supplier Selection Process
Deciding from whom to purchase goods is one of the most important decisions that a business owner will make. In this lesson, we go over many basic guidelines for the procurement and supplier selection process.
3. What is Project Procurement Management? - Definition & Process
In this lesson, we'll learn how a company often obtains supplies for projects. Specifically, we'll learn what project procurement management is and the process many companies abide by.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional course
- Auditing Standards & Governance
- Risk/Control Frameworks in Auditing
- Government Auditing Practices: The Audit Function
- Types of Government Audit Services
- Process for Delivery of Audit Services
- Government Auditing Skills & Techniques
- Evaluating Quantitative & Qualitative Data
- Government Auditing: Financial Management
- Implications of Audit Service Delivery Methods
- Implications of Delivering Audit Services to Citizens
- Unique Characteristics of Human Resources Management
- CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional Flashcards