About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Usability Testing & Technical Writing chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Introduction to usability testing||Purposes of usability testing when developing technical documents|
|Tuesday||Planning sessions||Importance of usability test planning sessions, articulation of test goals|
|Wednesday||Usability test participants||Participant recruiting and screening, development of participant tasks|
|Thursday||Roles of usability testers||Observation of participant reactions and performance, data collection and analysis|
|Friday||Usability testing components||Usability test parameters, user profiles, usability test goals, test results and recommendations|
1. Usability Testing on Technical Documents
If you're about to release a manual or a document, wouldn't you like to make sure that it's effective and accurate? In this lesson, we learn about usability testing, the process by which technical writing can be tested.
2. Screening & Roles for Usability Participants & Testers
Before you send a document to be distributed, it is a wise idea to perform usability testing. In this lesson, we learn about the roles for both test subjects and those administering the test.
3. Writing the Usability Test Plan & Making Recommendations
If you thought that products and apps just came to market without being tested, think again! In this lesson, we look at the process of forming a usability test plan and incorporating recommendations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Technical Writing Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Technical Writing Basics Lesson Plans
- Prewriting Lesson Plans
- Writing Technical Documents Lesson Plans
- Technical Editing & Rewriting Lesson Plans
- Parts of a Technical Document Lesson Plans
- Informal Technical Reports Lesson Plans
- Formal Technical Reports Lesson Plans
- Business Reports and Proposals Lesson Plans
- Technical Correspondence Lesson Plans
- Writing Resumes & Cover Letters Lesson Plans
- Technical Instructions Lesson Plans
- Technical Manual Writing Process Lesson Plans
- Proposal Writing Process Lesson Plans