About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other technical writing work.
- Identify the usability testing concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Technical Writing Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about usability testing for technical writing and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding screening and different roles for usability testing participants, the importance of planning for usability testing, writing the usability test plan or any other usability testing topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their usability testing unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in technical writing
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning usability testing simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live technical writing tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn usability testing on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Look at usability testing and why it would be used on technical documents.
- Discuss why usability testing should begin with a planning session.
- Examine the screening process for participants and their various roles.
- Explore how to write a usability test plan.
- Review making recommendations based on the usability test.
1. Usability Testing on Technical Documents
If you're about to release a manual or a document, wouldn't you like to make sure that it's effective and accurate? In this lesson, we learn about usability testing, the process by which technical writing can be tested.
2. Screening & Roles for Usability Participants & Testers
Before you send a document to be distributed, it is a wise idea to perform usability testing. In this lesson, we learn about the roles for both test subjects and those administering the test.
3. Writing the Usability Test Plan & Making Recommendations
If you thought that products and apps just came to market without being tested, think again! In this lesson, we look at the process of forming a usability test plan and incorporating recommendations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Technical Writing: Tutoring Solution course
- Technical Writing Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of Prewriting: Tutoring Solution
- Writing Technical Documents: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Editing & Rewriting: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Document Characteristics: Tutoring Solution
- Informal Technical Reports: Tutoring Solution
- Formal Technical Reports: Tutoring Solution
- Business Reports and Proposals: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Correspondence: Tutoring Solution
- Resumes & Cover Letters: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Instructions: Tutoring Solution
- Writing Technical Manuals: Tutoring Solution
- How to Write Proposals: Tutoring Solution