About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other English work.
- Identify the usage concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our 12th grade English tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn usage and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to find singular and plural pronoun errors, verb tense errors, subject-verb agreement errors or any other usage topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their 12th grade English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their usage unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in 12th grade English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning usage simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn usage on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Point out errors of singular and plural nouns.
- Take a look at examples of errors involving verb tense.
- Learn how to identify subject-verb agreement errors.
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 12th Grade English: Tutoring Solution course
- British Prose for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- British Poetry for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- British Plays for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Works by African American Writers: Tutoring Solution
- American Prose for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- American Drama for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Literary Terms for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Writing for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Using Source Materials: Tutoring Solution
- Conventions in Writing: Usage: Tutoring Solution
- Capitalization & Spelling: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- Punctuation in Writing: Tutoring Solution
- Linking Texts and Media for 12th Grade: Tutoring Solution