About This Chapter
Using Agile & Scrum for Testing- Chapter Summary
Our helpful lessons will provide employees with comprehensive overviews of topics related to the use of agile and scrum for testing. Each lesson is taught by an experienced instructor, who will make sure that employees come away with all relevant information needed to understand this subject. The lessons will each provide employees with an overview of a specific topic that they will need to know, such as:
- Agile methodology and the scrum framework
- Comparing agile methodologies
- How to apply agile and scrum
- Artifacts and transparency
- Agile and scrum meetings
The lessons will go over important points related to agile methodologies and scrum frameworks, as well as vital topics on comparing methodologies. Once employees have completed the lessons, they can test their knowledge of some of these topics by taking the chapter's useful practice quizzes.
How It Helps
- Provides education: Employees will need to have a thorough understanding of how to use both agile and scrum methodologies for testing.
- Emphasizes practice: Given the importance of agile and scrum in office settings, employees will need to be able to apply agile and scrum testing methodologies in practice.
- Teaches methods: Testing with agile and scrum will be much easier if employees understand the methodologies and tools used in different types of agile and scrum applications.
Once employees have finished going through the chapter, they will be able to:
- Differentiate between agile and scrum methodologies
- Compare and contrast agile methodologies used for testing
- Apply relevant methodologies
- Successfully test with relevant methodologies
- Understand the pros and cons of each methodology
1. What is a Software Testing Life Cycle? - Phases & Process
The Software Testing Life Cycle is a set of steps that have to be completed in a specific sequence to test programming code or software to ensure that software meets the required standards and to identify areas for improvement.
2. SDLC vs. STLC
The software development life cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC) work in conjunction with each other as part of effective software development. Read on to learn more.
3. Testing Life Cycle in Scrum
Any approach to testing on a Scrum team needs to account for software being developed on an iterative basis. This lesson reviews the life cycle for testing and quality assurance tasks likely to be encountered in the Agile development process.
4. Testing Role in Scrum
Traditional project methodologies make clear distinctions between team roles, particularly between developers and testers. This difference often occurs in Scrum, an Agile methodology that should provide an alternative. Learn about the testing role in Scrum in this lesson.
5. Testing Tasks in Scrum
Testing often looks the same, regardless of the project being completed or the project methodology being used. However, testing in Scrum is unique. Learn about testing tasks in Scrum.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Agile & Scrum Training course