About This Chapter
Using Collaboration, Reflection & Technology in PE - Chapter Summary
These lessons will help identify methods by which physical activity can be promoted in the school and the community. You will examine ways to facilitate teacher's activity planning and assessment of students. See how to work with students, fellow teachers, professional organization memberships, and literature in physical education.
Examine the use of cameras, videotapes, fitness test software and movement analysis software to assess student's fitness and performance. Look at additional lesson topics, including:
- Issues that cross the boundaries of subject matter in today's education
- How to integrate into physical education the skills and knowledge from multiple subjects
- Promoting into schools and the community the subject of physical activity
- Facilitating change by use of the reflective cycle
- Using resources as a reflective professional to develop and grow
- Use of technology in physical education
- Implementation of instructional design and technology
Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz to be used for assessing your understanding of the material you just studied. Submit any questions you have to a Study.com expert.
1. Current Educational Issues That Cross Subject Matter Boundaries
This lesson takes a look at some major issues that are currently being discussed by teachers across all content areas, including Common Core State Standards, the Every Student Succeeds Act, and school funding challenges.
2. How to Integrate Knowledge & Skills From Multiple Subjects in Physical Education
In this lesson, we will learn some specific ways that teachers can integrate other content areas, specifically English language arts and mathematics, into physical education instruction.
3. Promoting Physical Activity in School & the Community
Are you aware of the many benefits that physical exercise can have on our schools and the surrounding community? In this lesson, we discuss ways to promote physical activity in both these venues and offer a variety of ideas to enhance health, fitness, and wellness.
4. Using the Reflective Cycle to Facilitate Change
When things aren't going well in the classroom, what steps can you take to make a change? This lesson looks at how to use a reflective cycle to gain insight and make conscious improvements.
5. Using Resources to Develop & Grow As a Reflective Professional
Teaching is a career in which you spend your life learning and growing. There are many resources available for teachers to help them grow and develop as reflective professionals. This lesson details some of those resources and how to use them.
6. Technology in Physical Education
Physical education can be made fun, interesting, and more productive thanks to the use of technology. Find out how tablets, exer-games, and much more can help improve physical education.
7. Instructional Design & Technology Implementation
This lesson gives you an inside look into instructional design, the process you take - knowingly or unknowingly - when you introduce new material to your students. In particular, you'll learn processes for incorporating technology into the learning environment.
8. Utilizing Related Services to Meet Students' Needs
In this lesson, we will explain the roles of professionals who provide related services for young children and their families. We will also explain strategies for collaborating with colleagues and other professionals to respond to children's needs and to enhance the learning environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Health & Physical Education - Content Knowledge (5857): Practice & Study Guide course
- Health Programs in Education
- Health Models, Theories & Data
- Physical Fitness Overview
- Health & Wellness Overview
- Injury Prevention & Personal Safety
- Healthy Relationships & Effective Communication
- Human Body Overview
- Human Development
- Physiological Changes Throughout Life
- Mental, Emotional & Physical Disorders
- Environmental Health Issues
- Community Health & Advocacy
- Health Careers & Community Agencies
- Physical Education Programs
- Supporting Student Development in Physical Education
- Motor Skills & Movement Activities for PE
- Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Sports & Recreational Activities for PE
- Curriculum & Instruction for Physical Education
- Instructional Techniques & Strategies
- Communication in the Physical Education Classroom
- Assessment & Data in Physical Education
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Praxis Health & Physical Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards