About This Chapter
Using Email for Customer Service - Chapter Summary
Use the short and engaging lessons in this chapter to give your employees an in-depth look at using email for customer service. The lessons teach the following:
- How to use email as a customer service strategy
- Why email is often chosen as the preferred customer service strategy
- Tips for using customer service emails to market to customers
The lessons can be used to prompt group discussions on the use of email for customer service during corporate training sessions. You can also allow employees to watch the videos independently on their computers or mobile devices. Quizzes and a chapter exam are available to test their comprehension of the lessons.
How It Helps
- Helps restructure communication: The lessons help your employees understand what steps they can take to update to more practical customer communication methods.
- Offers tips and strategies: Your employees can take advantage of specific tips and strategies that can help your company effectively use email as a customer service practice.
- Improves customer relationships: This chapter is designed to teach your employees how to use emails to strengthen communication with customers, which can result in increased satisfaction and improved relationships.
By reviewing the lessons in this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Explain why email is a great customer service strategy
- Identify the best options for using email for customer service
- Discuss why email is the preferred customer service strategy over phone and in-person interactions
- Share how to use customer service emails to market for your company
1. Email as a Customer Service Strategy
In this lesson, we'll cover how to provide excellent customer service in email correspondence. We will also explore the reasons why high-quality, professional email is important in business.
2. Practical Application: Email as a Customer Service Strategy
In this practical application, you'll have the chance to come up with some strategies to use email as a customer service tool. Find ways to engage customers via email as well as gain valuable information about those customers.
3. Why Choose Emails for Customer Service?
This lesson covers some of the benefits to customers and companies that choose to use email for customer service. Benefits include speed and quality of service, as well as the increased profitability of the company.
4. Marketing Opportunities from Customer Service Emails
As a customer service representative or marketer, you want to make sure that every contact with a customer is used to its greatest potential. This lesson discusses how you can use customer service emails to engage customers and market new products.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Customer Service Email Etiquette course