About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering German adverbs will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about using adverbs in German. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the different types of German adverbs and when to use them
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about German adverbs
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Using German Adverbs chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Using German Adverbs chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German adverb question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an adverbs unit of a standard basic German course. Topics covered include:
- Time and frequency-related adverbs
- German adverb rules concerning word order
- Adverbs that describe quantity
- Directional and place adverbs
- Adverbs that discuss manner
- The uses and rules of German intensifiers
1. German Adverbs of Time
In this lesson we will learn vocabulary words relating to adverbs of time that indicate when an action or event takes place in the past, present or future and how to use them in sentences.
2. German Adverbs of Frequency
In this lesson we will learn a subset of adverbs, namely the adverbs of frequency, that describe how often an action or event occurs in the past, present or future.
3. How to Use German Adverbs: Word Order & Examples
In today's lesson, we are going to take a look at some of the most commonly used adverbs in the German language. We will learn how to correctly use them and position them in a sentence.
4. German Adverbs of Quantity
In this lesson, we will talk about the German adverbs of quantity. We will learn which are the most common ones and how to correctly use them in different sentences.
5. German Adverbs of Place & Direction
In today's lesson, we will talk about different adverbs of place and direction. We will learn which are the most used adverbs when talking about location and movement, and how to correctly use them in different sentences.
6. German Adverbs of Manner
In this lesson, we will take a look at the different groups of adverbs of manner. We will learn what they mean and how to correctly use them in different sentences.
7. German Intensifier Words: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will take a look at some of the most popular German intensifier words, learn what they mean, and see how to use them in different sentences.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- Describing People in German
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods