About This Chapter
Using Scatter Plots - Chapter Summary
Take a look at these simple and entertaining video lessons to review information about the use of scatter plots in math. As you progress through this mobile-friendly chapter, you'll learn how to make and read scatter plots, use linear regression, interpret linear relationships and much more. When you're done with the chapter, you'll be able to:
- Create and interpret scatterplots
- Understand the formula for simple linear regression
- Use linear regression to solve math problems
- Find the slope and intercept of a linear model
- Use data to interpret linear relationships
The lessons are available to study at any time, and they come with interactive self-assessment quizzes to help reinforce your understanding of the information. The course dashboard feature will keep track of your progress throughout the chapter, and you can use the interactive video timestamps to jump to specific terms and concepts. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have about the material.
1. Creating & Interpreting Scatterplots: Process & Examples
Scatterplots are a great visual representation of two sets of data. In this lesson, you will learn how to interpret bivariate data to create scatterplots and understand the relationship between the two variables.
2. Simple Linear Regression: Definition, Formula & Examples
Simple linear regression is a great way to make observations and interpret data. In this lesson, you will learn to find the regression line of a set of data using a ruler and a graphing calculator.
3. Problem Solving Using Linear Regression: Steps & Examples
Linear regression can be a powerful tool for predicting and interpreting information. Learn to use two common formulas for linear regression in this lesson.
4. Interpreting the Slope & Intercept of a Linear Model
You've probably seen slope and intercept in algebra. These concepts can also be used to predict and understand information in statistics. Take a look at this lesson!
5. Interpreting Linear Relationships Using Data: Practice Problems
Understanding linear relationships is an important part of understanding statistics. This lesson will help you review linear relationships and will go through three practice problems to help you retain your knowledge. When you are finished, test out your knowledge with a short quiz!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Pennsylvania Algebra I Keystone Exam: Test Prep & Practice course
- Real Numbers & Expressions
- Understanding Exponential Expressions
- Working with Radical Expressions
- Understanding Absolute Value Expressions
- Estimation & Math Problem-Solving
- Solving Problems with Polynomials
- Solving, Writing & Graphing Linear Equations
- Solving Problems with Systems of Equations
- Solving & Graphing Linear Inequalities
- Understanding Function Basics
- Understanding Basic Statistics
- Interpreting & Graphing Data
- Understanding the Probability of Compound Events
- Pennsylvania Algebra I Keystone Exam Flashcards