About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering precalculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding and using scientific calculators
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about using scientific calculators
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Using Scientific Calculators chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Using Scientific Calculators chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any using scientific calculators question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll find the answers to questions including:
- What are some of the key features of a scientific calculator?
- How do I compute radians and degrees on a scientific calculator?
- How do I solve equations on a scientific calculator?
- What steps do I follow to solve equations by graphing on a scientific calculator?
1. Radians & Degrees on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, we'll review online calculators, in particular the CLEP online calculator. Review the difference between radians and degrees, the order of operations and scientific notation on the CLEP calculator.
2. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on the CLEP Calculator
In this lesson, review how to use the history on the CLEP calculator as we calculate sines, cosines and the inverse trigonometric functions. Finish by exploring exponentials and logarithms.
3. Solving Equations on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, learn how to use the Solver function of the CLEP calculator. With calculators, you can solve equations numerically (find a number answer) even when you cannot solve the problem explicitly.
4. How to Solve Equations by Graphing on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, review how to graph equations with the CLEP calculator. Given a function, find the maximum and minimum values over a range and the roots of the equation. Learn how you can use this to solve a system of equations by graphically finding intersects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Precalculus: Help and Review course
- Functions in Precalculus: Help and Review
- Evaluating Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Help and Review
- Inequalities in Precalculus: Help and Review
- Foundations and Linear Equations in Precalculus: Help and Review
- Graphing and Rational Equations: Help and Review
- Factoring and Graphing Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Exponents and Polynomials in Precalculus: Help and Review
- Piecewise and Composite Functions: Help and Review
- Geometry and Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Trigonometry: Help and Review