About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other precalculus work.
- Identify the scientific calculator concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our precalculus tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn how to use scientific calculators and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to use radians and degrees, trigonometry functions and exponentials on a calculator and solve equations using scientific calculators
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their precalculus learning
- Prefer learning precalculus visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their scientific calculators unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in precalculus
- Don't have access to their precalculus teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning how to use scientific calculators simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live precalculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn how to use scientific calculators on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Use the radians and degrees functions on a scientific calculator.
- Use the exponentials and trig functions on a scientific calculator.
- Use a scientific calculator to graph functions and solve equations.
1. Radians & Degrees on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, we'll review online calculators, in particular the CLEP online calculator. Review the difference between radians and degrees, the order of operations and scientific notation on the CLEP calculator.
2. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on the CLEP Calculator
In this lesson, review how to use the history on the CLEP calculator as we calculate sines, cosines and the inverse trigonometric functions. Finish by exploring exponentials and logarithms.
3. Solving Equations on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, learn how to use the Solver function of the CLEP calculator. With calculators, you can solve equations numerically (find a number answer) even when you cannot solve the problem explicitly.
4. How to Solve Equations by Graphing on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, review how to graph equations with the CLEP calculator. Given a function, find the maximum and minimum values over a range and the roots of the equation. Learn how you can use this to solve a system of equations by graphically finding intersects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Precalculus: Tutoring Solution course
- Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Evaluating Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Foundations and Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing and Rational Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Factoring and Graphing Quadratic Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents and Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- Piecewise and Composite Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry and Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution