About This Chapter
Using Tables & Graphs - Chapter Summary
Your review sessions never have to be boring with this chapter full of quick and entertaining video lessons. You can view lessons about the basics of graph theory, types of bar graphs and steps for determining a percent increase with frequencies. When you are done watching the lessons, evaluate your memory by answering the multiple-choice questions on our quizzes. The other topics included here are:
- Ways to read graphs
- Utilization of tables and schedules to organize data
- Statistical analysis
- Ways to summarize categorical data
- Process of creating dot plots
- Ways to understand pie charts
- Definition of a two-way table
All of our videos contain tags that allow you to go directly to different topics within them. Our quizzes are short, so you don't have to worry about spending a lot of time to test yourself. If you would like to take the quizzes while you're away from the computer, print out the worksheets along with the answers.
1. Graphs: Types, Examples & Functions
In this lesson, learn how you can differentiate from the eight most common types of functions and their graphs. Learn the distinct look of each so you can easily distinguish them from each other.
2. Introduction to Graph Theory
After watching this video lesson, you will understand what graph theory is. You will also see what a graph looks like and be introduced to the basic vocabulary used in graph theory.
3. Interpreting Graphical Representations
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to quickly and easily read and interpret any line and bar graph. You will be able to gather important information by just looking at one of these graphs.
4. Bar Graph: Definition, Types & Examples
A bar graph is a mathematical representation of data. In this lesson, you will learn the definition of a bar graph, including how to recognize the different types of bar graphs. You will also learn how to create bar graphs.
5. Organizing and Understanding Data with Tables & Schedules
In math, when we have to deal with a lot of data, having a visual format to present all the data becomes very useful. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can take advantage of two of these visual formats.
6. Statistical Analysis with Categorical Data
Learn why percentages are so important when analyzing categorical data in this video lesson. Watch as the data is turned into a data table and a visual bar graph as ways to analyze the data.
7. How to Calculate Percent Increase with Relative & Cumulative Frequency Tables
In statistics, one way to describe and analyze data is by using frequency tables. This lesson will discuss relative and cumulative frequencies and how to calculate percent increase using these two methods.
8. Summarizing Categorical Data using Tables
Watch this video lesson to find out why data tables are an excellent way to summarize your categorical data. Learn what you need to do to your data before constructing a table and the two ways you can show your data.
9. Creating & Interpreting Dot Plots: Process & Examples
Dot plots are a visual way to display the frequency distribution in a data set. In this lesson, you will learn how to construct a dot plot and understand its uses.
10. Understanding Bar Graphs and Pie Charts
In this lesson, we will examine two of the most widely used types of graphs: bar graphs and pie charts. These two graphs can provide the reader with a comparison of the different data that is displayed.
11. What is a Two-Way Table?
Do you believe in Martians? Do you watch football on television? A Two-Way Table or Contingency Table is a great way to show the results of all kinds of survey questions. In this video we will learn how to read a two-way table.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Professional Readiness Examination (096): Practice & Study Guide course
- Basic Number Sense
- Fundamentals of Calculation
- Mathematical Reasoning & Problem-Solving
- Logic in Mathematics
- Expressions, Functions & Operations
- Expressions & Equations in Algebra
- Understanding Algebraic Functions
- Using Algebraic Functions
- Polynomials, Rational Equations & Trigonometric Equations
- Introduction to Basic Geometry
- Measuring Geometric Figures
- Relationships Between Figures in Geometry
- Basics of Trigonometry
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Bivariate Relationships in Statistics
- Interpreting Statistical Data
- Probability Overview
- Introduction to Conditional Probability & Diagrams
- Structure, Analysis & Word Meanings in English
- Literary Themes & Main Ideas
- Strategies for Effective Writing
- Reading Strategies & Literary Analysis
- Critical Reasoning for Test-Taking
- Conventions in Writing: Effective Usage
- Constructing Sentences & Paragraphs
- Argumentative Writing Overview
- Structuring Informational & Explanatory Texts
- MTTC Professional Readiness Flashcards