About This Chapter
Using Technology for Teaching ELL - Chapter Summary
This chapter is filled with lessons you can access anytime to better understand ways to use technology when teaching English language learners (ELLs). Use the lessons to gain greater insight into online resources for literacy instruction, technology available for ESL and more. After finishing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Share guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom
- Discuss ways to implement technology in the classroom for ESL students
- List different examples of technology in the classroom
- Explain how teachers can evaluate technology and online resources related to literacy instruction
- Describe ways technology can be used to create real-world experiences in the classroom
Study ways to use technology when teaching ELL without taking traditional classes or setting appointments with live tutors. All lessons in this chapter are available online 24/7 using any computer, smartphone or tablet with Internet access. As you review each lesson, feel free to take its accompanying quiz to assess your knowledge of its contents. Before the day of your test, gauge your overall comprehension of this chapter by taking the practice exam.
1. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
2. Technology for ESL Students in the Classroom
Technology enables English language learners to use, practice, and perfect their English in engaging and effective ways. In this lesson, we'll discuss some easy ways to implement technology in the ESL classroom.
3. Examples of Technology in the Classroom
Technology is becoming more present and useful in the classroom. This lesson will provide some examples of technology in the classroom and how it can assist student learning.
4. Evaluating Technology & Online Resources for Literacy Instruction
As many teachers know, using technology in the classroom is full of benefits and challenges. In this lesson, we'll examine using technology and online resources in the literacy classroom, including how to evaluate technology for classroom use.
5. Creating Real-World Experiences in the Classroom With Technology
This lesson explains why making real-world connections in the classroom matters. It identifies strategies for creating real-life experience and ideas for designing learning experiences with technology to develop students' competency and confidence.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS English as a New Language (125): Practice & Study Guide course
- Linguistics for Second Language Learners
- Language Acquisition Overview
- Learning Theory, Styles & Development
- ELL Teaching & Learning Theories
- Developing Inclusive Learning Environments
- Teaching Students with Diverse Needs
- Illinois Learning Standards
- Curriculum Development Overview for ELL Teaching
- ELL Instructional Strategies
- Student Motivation & Engagement
- Classroom & Group Management
- Classroom Communication Techniques
- Types of ELL Student Assessment
- Analyzing & Interpreting ELL Student Assessment
- ELL Teachers as Student Advocates
- School Collaboration & Community Building for ELL Teachers
- Professional Development & Reflective Practice
- ILTS English as a New Language Flashcards