About This Chapter
Using Technology in Physical Education - Chapter Summary
The chapter was designed to help you brush up on the use of technology in physical education. This information is useful to anyone who has a career in or is interested in pursing a career in physical education. The lessons will improve your understanding of the following:
- Significance of technology in the classroom
- Examples of technology use in education
- How to use technology in the classroom
- How to use technology in physical education
- Technology ethics
The lessons in this chapter can go wherever it is convenient for you to study. In other words, the resources in this chapter are mobile friendly. You can study in the comfort of your home by computer, or you can learn on the go on your mobile phone or tablet. Having this convenience gives you the flexibility to study where and when it is best for your schedule.
1. The Importance of Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become an integral part of any classroom environment. This lesson will explain why technology is an important tool that every student and teacher should utilize.
2. Examples of Technology in the Classroom
Technology is becoming more present and useful in the classroom. This lesson will provide some examples of technology in the classroom and how it can assist student learning.
3. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
4. Technology in Physical Education
Physical education can be made fun, interesting, and more productive thanks to the use of technology. Find out how tablets, exer-games, and much more can help improve physical education.
5. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson, you'll learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Physical Education K-12 (063): Practice & Study Guide course
- History & Philosophy of Physical Education
- Physical Education Curriculum Development
- Instructional Strategies for Physical Education
- Human Growth & Development
- Motor Skills & Movement Activities
- Physical Activity & Fitness
- Basic Principles of Nutrition
- Anatomy & Exercise Physiology
- Health & Wellness Basics
- Cognitive & Socioemotional Benefits of Physical Activity
- Assessment in Physical Education
- Positive Learning Environments
- Sports & Recreation
- Professional Development for Physical Education Teachers
- FTCE Physical Education K-12 Flashcards