About This Chapter
Using Technology in the Math Classroom - Chapter Summary
It is becoming the norm to utilize technology in our everyday lives. Keeping abreast of new technologies and developing ways to integrate them into your curriculum is essential. Use the lessons in this chapter to research educational technology involving math and strategies for incorporating technology in the classroom
Our instructors have created engaging lessons to help illustrate the material being examined. As you work your way through the chapters, you can take self-assessment quizzes to apply what you've learned.
How It Helps
- Enhances expertise: You'll become cognizant of new technologies and their applications for math instruction.
- Teaches methods: Our instructors assist you in mastering ways to effectively utilize these technologies in your classroom.
- Improves student learning: You'll research how these technologies can impact students' performance in math.
After completing this chapter, you'll understand:
- Methods for incorporating technology into your curriculum
- Various types of math technology that can be implemented in the classroom
- How to utilize Excel and math game apps as a means to teach math
- Ways Promethean Boards are used in math courses
1. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
2. Math Technology in the Classroom
Teachers use lots of tools to keep students engaged and active learners. Math class is no exception, and technology is a great way to hook learners. This lesson examines how math technology can be used in pre-K through 12 classrooms.
3. Using Excel in the Classroom
This lesson discusses several advantages to using Microsoft Excel in both the elementary and secondary classrooms. It will also offer several lesson ideas for using the software.
4. Using Math Game Apps with Students
Using games as an educational tool isn't a new concept, but using apps to engage learners is.In this lesson, you'll get up-to-date information about apps that can be used to supplement the math classroom.
5. What Is a Promethean Board?
Promethean Boards are a type of technology being integrated into classrooms more frequently. This lesson will introduce you to the Promethean Board and help you see why it's becoming such a valuable tool.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Instructional Strategies for Teaching Math course
- Standards & Planning for Math Instruction
- Creating an Effective Math Learning Environment
- Instructional Strategies for Student Achievement in Math
- Student-Centered Instructional Strategies for Math
- Teaching Critical Thinking, Logic & Reasoning in Math
- Integrating Math with Other Disciplines
- Teaching Strategies for At-Risk Math Students
- Assessing Student Learning & Providing Feedback