About This Chapter
Using Technology to Teach Reading & Writing - Chapter Summary
With the help of this brief chapter on using technology to teach reading and writing, you'll get a refresher on the different technologies available. You can review information about blogs, websites, and other popular platforms used for teaching. By the end of the chapter, you should feel confident and prepared to:
- Explain how technology can be used in reading instruction
- Provide examples of how technology is used to teach writing
- List different technologies and platforms used for writing
Master concepts surrounding the use of technology to teach reading and writing with these concise lessons that can be accessed from a desktop computer or mobile device. There are a lot of helpful features on our platform, such as the ability to take a quiz for each lesson to make sure you understand the topics covered. You can also submit questions to experts if you have any questions.
1. Technology Used in Reading Instruction
In this lesson, we will explore the different uses of technology for reading instruction and how it can be a valuable tool in the classroom. We will discuss some of the options available for your classroom implementation.
2. Using Technology to Teach Writing
In this lesson, teachers will learn how to use technology in order to teach students writing and publishing techniques. Additionally, this lesson will discuss how teachers can use various technological resources to facilitate students using written communication in various modes in their classrooms.
3. Technology for Writing: Blogs, Wikis & Websites
This lesson explores some of the tools available for writing online. By looking at examples of blogs, wikis, and websites, we will discover strategies for collaboration and composition. Learn how to build an online portfolio, use blogs to discover new interests, and implement wikis for group projects.
4. Using Graphics & Multimedia in Writing Projects
This lesson explores different ways to integrate graphics and multimedia into writing. Using newspapers as an example, we will look at how a front page photo adds dimension to a headline. Then, we will examine digital storytelling techniques.
5. The Benefits of Online Publishing for Students
As you've probably noticed, kids these days are programmed to thrive off of publishing their thoughts on social media! They would much rather talk through a screen than face-to-face. This lesson will explain how publishing online can benefit students while giving them what they love and feel most comfortable with, TECHNOLOGY!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis English Language Arts - Content & Analysis (5039): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis English: Literary Forms and Genres
- Periods of American Literature
- British Literature
- World Literature Overview
- Young Adult Literature Overview
- Literary Skills & Strategies
- Praxis English: Analyzing Literature
- Praxis English: Poetry Types & Analysis
- Overview of Literary Devices
- Praxis English: Themes & Main Ideas
- Praxis English: Informational Texts
- Literary Theories & Research
- Praxis English: Strategic Approaches to Teaching Reading
- Praxis English: Language Acquisition & Development
- Praxis English: History, Development & Structure of English
- Basic Semantics
- Praxis English: Approaches to Teaching Writing
- Praxis English: Discourse Aims in Academic Writing
- Praxis English: Organizing & Developing an Essay
- Praxis English: Methods of Argument & Rhetorical Strategy
- Praxis English: Writing Research & Citation
- Sentence Types, Parts & Structure
- Overview of English Grammar & Usage
- Capitalization & Punctuation in English
- Praxis English: Revising & Improving Writing
- Praxis English: Organizing a Speech
- Praxis English: Delivering a Speech
- Praxis English: Classroom Discussion Strategies
- Differentiated Instruction Basics
- Language Arts Assessments
- Praxis English Language Arts: Content & Analysis Flashcards