About This Chapter
Who's it for?
This unit of our High School Precalculus Homeschool course will benefit any student who is trying to learn how to solve trigonometric graphs. There is no faster or easier way to learn precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who require an efficient, self-paced course of study to learn to graph sine and cosine unit circles.
- Homeschool parents looking to spend less time preparing lessons and more time teaching.
- Homeschool parents who need a precalculus curriculum that appeals to multiple learning types (visual or auditory).
- Gifted students and students with learning differences.
How it works:
- Students watch a short, fun video lesson that covers a specific unit topic.
- Students and parents can refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Short quizzes and a Using Trigonometric Graphs unit exam confirm understanding or identify any topics that require review.
Using Trigonometric Graphs Unit Objectives:
- Use graphs to determine trigonometric identities.
- Learn to solve a trigonometric equation graphically.
- Discover how to graph the cotangent, cosecant and secant functions.
- Learn to graph the tangent function.
1. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
2. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
3. Graphing the Cosecant, Secant & Cotangent Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will learn what the graphs of the cosecant, secant, and cotangent trigonometric functions look like. You will also learn how to see if these graphs are shifted or transformed.
4. Using Graphs to Determine Trigonometric Identity
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use graphs to determine whether an equation is a trigonometric identity or not. Learn what you need to look for to determine this.
5. Solving a Trigonometric Equation Graphically
How can you show someone that you have the right answer? This video lesson will show you how you can do this for a trigonometric equation. Learn what you need to watch for and how to get your answers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum course
- Graphing Linear Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Solving & Graphing Inequalities: Homeschool Curriculum
- Absolute Value Expressions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Graphing Complex Numbers: Homeschool Curriculum
- Solving Linear Systems: Homeschool Curriculum
- Linear Models: Homeschool Curriculum
- Quadratics: Homeschool Curriculum
- Quadratic Functions & Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Geometry Basics: Homeschool Curriculum
- Functions for Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum
- Using Function Operations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Recognizing Graph Symmetry: Homeschool Curriculum
- How to Graph Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Rate of Change: Homeschool Curriculum
- Polynomial Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Higher-Degree Polynomials: Homeschool Curriculum
- Difference Quotients in Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum
- Working with Rational Expressions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Evaluating Logarithmic Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Functions in Trigonometry: Homeschool Curriculum
- Trigonometric Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Basic Trigonometric Identities: Homeschool Curriculum
- Laws of Sine & Cosine: Homeschool Curriculum
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homeschool Curriculum
- Vectors & Matrices: Homeschool Curriculum
- Mathematical Sequences: Homeschool Curriculum
- Identifying Conic Sections: Homeschool Curriculum
- Parametric Equations: Homeschool Curriculum
- Continuity: Homeschool Curriculum
- Limits in Precalculus: Homeschool Curriculum
- Groups & Sets in Algebra: Homeschool Curriculum