About This Chapter
USPAP Compliance - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors have designed lessons to help you better understand USPAP compliance, such as the professional and ethical development of appraisers. You can also learn key information about the USPAP preamble. After completing the chapter, you should be able to:
- List five rules for real estate appraisers
- Provide an overview of how the USPAP are applied
- Recall different appraisal reports that comply with USPAP
- Discuss use of a restricted appraisal report
This chapter on USPAP compliance is informative, concise, and mobile-friendly. Our knowledgeable instructors guide you through the lessons while providing a fun and interesting learning experience. There's also a brief quiz for each lesson to see how well you understand the topics covered.
1. USPAP: Definition & Rules
In this lesson we will identify and summarize the five basic rules for real estate appraisers found in the preamble to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
2. Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP): Standards & Applications
There are set standards in the United States for appraisers. These Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice guide appraisers with ethical and professional development and reporting in appraisal.
3. Appraisal Report Options & USPAP Compliance
The USPAP guidelines have recognized two types of reports for appraisals: the appraisal report and the restricted appraisal report. This lesson will delve into the differences and requirements of each.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio General Appraiser Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Real Property & Property Ownership
- Real Estate Value
- Government Powers in Real Estate
- Surveying Property in Real Estate
- Building Components & Structures
- Liens & Encumbrances in Real Estate
- Rights to Use in Real Estate
- Land & Site Valuation
- Statistics, Valuation Models & Finance for Real Estate
- Common Real Estate Calculations
- Sales Comparison Approach in Real Estate
- Cost Approach in Real Estate
- Income Approach in Real Estate
- Reconciliation in Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Appraisal Report Writing