About This Chapter
Utilizing Technology in the Classroom - Chapter Summary
Strengthen your knowledge of ways to utilize technology in the classroom using this chapter. The bite-sized lessons explore ways to use technology when teaching a variety of subjects to young students. Studying these lessons will ensure you're ready to do the following in no time:
- Describe different types of technology used in early childhood classrooms
- List the advantages of using technology in the music classroom
- Explain ways technology can enhance arts instruction
- Discuss how technology can be used to improve literacy
- Share ways to use technology in the math, history and science classrooms
All the lessons in this chapter are available 24/7 using any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection. Study different uses of technology in the classroom any time and from any location that aligns with your schedule. If you want to quickly gauge your understanding of the lessons, feel free to take their accompanying quizzes. For a broader review of this chapter, be sure to take the comprehensive practice exam.
1. Technology in the Early Childhood Classroom
Technology is an incredibly important part of any classroom. This lesson will introduce you to several pieces of technology that you will likely see in many early childhood classrooms.
2. Technology in the Music Classroom
When you think of something artistic like music, you may assume it has no use for technology, but this isn't the case. Using technology in the music classroom has many advantages. Let's learn about some ways technology can enhance music education.
3. Using Technology to Enhance Arts Instruction
Discover ways to use technology to engage the creative mind. Learn how to apply technology tools for arts instruction. Explore the practical challenges and benefits of technology integration.
4. Using Technology for Literacy Development
Technology is being used in almost every way imaginable to improve our lives.This has thankfully been the case in education, where technology has been used to improve literacy. Find out how this is so in this lesson.
5. Math Technology in the Classroom
Teachers use lots of tools to keep students engaged and active learners. Math class is no exception, and technology is a great way to hook learners. This lesson examines how math technology can be used in pre-K through 12 classrooms.
6. Technology in the Science Classroom
Technology integration in the science classroom can be approached in several different ways. In this lesson, we'll look at technology integration from a conventional inquiry-based instruction approach, as well as the levels of technology integration that can be applied to the science classroom.
7. Using Technology in the History Classroom
This lesson discusses why the use of technology in history classrooms is important. It also discusses how teachers can use technology while teaching the class as a whole and how they can incorporate technology when students are in small groups.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Prekindergarten/Primary PK-3 (053): Practice & Study Guide course
- Early Childhood Growth & Development
- External Factors in Childhood Development
- Developmental Theories of Learning
- Early Childhood Education Models
- Federal & State Laws on Education
- Early Childhood Education Professional Organizations & Trends
- Planning & Facilitating Early Learning
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices & the Classroom
- Student Guidance & Behavioral Management
- Using Assessment & Evaluation in Teaching
- Family & Community Involvement in Early Education
- Subject-Specific Teaching Strategies
- Serving the Educational Needs of Diverse Populations
- Literacy Instruction in the Classroom
- Emergent Literacy in the Classroom
- Literacy in Early Education
- Teaching Comprehension & Vocabulary
- Writing Processes & Development
- Early Childhood Mathematics Instruction
- Early Childhood Math Concepts
- Early Childhood Science Instruction
- Basics of Physical & Earth Sciences
- Basic Concepts in Life Science
- FTCE Prekindergarten/Primary PK-3 Flashcards