About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other SAT math work.
- Identify the vectors concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our SAT Subject Test Mathematics Level 2 Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn vectors and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding vector addition, resultants of vectors, standard basis vectors or any other vectors topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their vectors unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in SAT Math Level 2 preparation
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning vectors simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live SAT math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn vectors on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define and identify types of vectors.
- Explain the geometric approach to vector addition and subtraction.
- Understand resultants and scalar multiplication of vectors.
- Learn about standard basis vectors.
- Describe how vector operations use components.
- Examine the magnitude and direction of a vector.
- Grasp the definition of vector resolution, and solve practice problems.
1. What Is a Vector? - Definition & Types
After watching this lesson, you will be able to explain what vectors are in physics, give some examples of vectors and have a basic idea of how they can be manipulated mathematically. A short quiz will follow.
2. Vector Addition (Geometric Approach): Explanation & Examples
After watching this video, you will be able to explain why we might need to add two vectors and, given magnitudes and directions, add two vectors using geometric methods. A short quiz will follow.
3. Resultants of Vectors: Definition & Calculation
After watching this video, you will be able to explain what a resultant of a vector is and use mathematics to calculate the resultant of two vectors. A short quiz will follow.
4. Scalar Multiplication of Vectors: Definition & Calculations
After watching this video, you will be able to explain what scalar multiplication is and complete basic calculations involving the scalar multiplication of vectors. A short quiz will follow.
5. Vector Subtraction (Geometric): Formula & Examples
After watching this lesson, you will be able to subtract vectors geometrically and give examples of how that process might be used in physics. A short quiz will follow.
6. Standard Basis Vectors: Definition & Examples
After watching this lesson, you will be able to explain what standard basis vectors (otherwise known as unit vectors) are and how they are useful. A short quiz will follow.
7. How to Do Vector Operations Using Components
After watching this lesson, you will understand how we analyze physics involving two-dimensional vectors and be able to split a vector at an angle into a vertical and horizontal component. A short quiz will follow.
8. Vector Components: The Magnitude of a Vector
After watching this lesson, you will be able to explain what the magnitude of a vector refers to, and how to calculate it when given the components of a vector. A short quiz will follow.
9. Vector Components: The Direction of a Vector
After watching this lesson, you will be able to explain what is meant by the direction of a vector and calculate the direction of a vector when given the x and y components. A short quiz will follow.
10. Vector Resolution: Definition & Practice Problems
After watching this lesson, you will be able to explain what vector resolution is and solve problems involving vector resolution. A short quiz will follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Subject Test Mathematics Level 2: Tutoring Solution course
- SAT Math Level 2 Structure & Strategy: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Math Review: Tutoring Solution
- Square Roots: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomials in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Functions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Matrices: Tutoring Solution
- Sequences and Series in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Complex Numbers in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Overview of Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Data & Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- Logic: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in Math: Tutoring Solution