About This Chapter
Vehicles for Kids - Chapter Summary
This chapter offers kid-friendly lessons about vehicles. As your students progress through the chapter, they'll learn facts about common vehicle types, such as airplanes, ambulances, bicycles and boats. Each lesson is taught by an expert instructor who uses an engaging teaching style. The chapter also includes lesson-specific quizzes and a comprehensive exam that you can assign to your students.
- Airplanes and airplane parts
- Bicycle history and facts
- Boat flotation, history, facts, types and parts
- Parts of a fire engine
- Internal combustion engines
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about vehicles will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about common vehicle types.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding facts about vehicles
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about different types of vehicles
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about technology (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about vehicles
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra technology resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the vehicle topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about vehicles.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands vehicle facts by administering the Vehicles for Kids chapter exam.
1. Airplane Facts: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever flown on an airplane? Read on to find out some interesting and amazing facts about airplanes including the fastest plane, the largest plane, and a plane that has wings that flap like a bird!
2. Parts of an Airplane: Lesson for Kids
With so many different parts, large airplanes can weigh hundreds of tons! In this lesson, we investigate the many working parts of an airplane, which help it to lift off the ground and fly.
3. Ambulance Facts: Lesson for Kids
Most people can recognize an ambulance by its siren and flashing lights. Not many people know about the inside of an ambulance or what makes them special vehicles. In this lesson, you will learn interesting facts about ambulances.
4. History of Bicycles: Lesson for Kids
Many people ride bicycles, but few know about their history. In this lesson, find out what old-time bikes used to look like and what they were called. Discover how bicycles have changed over time, too!
5. Bicycle Facts: Lesson for Kids
Most kids like to ride bicycles. Did you know they've been around for at least 200 years? Learn about some early bicycles and about some crazy things people have done on bicycles as you read this lesson.
6. How Boats Float: Lesson for Kids
Why do some things float and others sink? In this lesson, you'll find out why this happens and how it's related to what happens to the water when you get into a bathtub!
7. Boat Facts & History: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered who invented boats? Would you believe it wasn't a person? Read this lesson to find out where the first boats were developed and how they've changed since that time.
8. Types of Boats: Lesson for Kids
There are so many kinds of boats out there, it can be hard to keep track. Come and learn about a few of the different types of boats in this lesson, including those with motors and those without motors.
9. Parts of a Boat: Lesson for Kids
Many of the parts of the boat are the same, whether we're talking about cruise ships that carry thousands of people, police speedboats, or small fishing boats with oars. In this lesson, we'll discuss the parts found on most boats.
10. Fire Engine Parts & Facts: Lesson for Kids
We've all seen fire engines speeding down the road on their way to put out fires. In this lesson, you'll learn about how fire engines developed and how to identify some important parts of a fire engine.
11. Internal Combustion Engine: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered how a car engine works or thought maybe it was just too hard to understand? You can learn the basics of how an internal combustion engine works if you read this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.