About This Chapter
Verbal Skills for Sales - Chapter Summary
This sales training resource covers strategies and techniques related to verbal skills. Assign this chapter to your sales professionals at any time to help them review important verbal communication concepts for sales presentations, sales calls and other sales situations.
The chapter is accessible at any time, and your employees can use any computer or mobile device to access the material. When they're finished with the lessons, they can take the accompanying chapter exam to solidify their understanding of these verbal skills.
How It Helps
- Boosts important sales skills: The chapter shows sales professionals how to improve the quality of their sales presentations and sales calls.
- Highlights effective verbal communication techniques: Lessons offer a variety of techniques related to sales questioning and tone of voice.
- Improves communication skills : Sales professionals who complete the chapter will become more skilled at communicating with customers and closing sales.
By the end of the chapter, your company's sales professionals should be able to:
- Create and deliver effective sales presentations
- Plan and make successful sales calls
- Identify the needs and motivations of buyers by utilizing various questioning techniques
- Sell to poor communicators
- Assess the importance of tone of voice in sales
1. How to Create & Deliver a Sales Presentation
Congratulations - you've gotten a potential client to agree to a meeting. Now what? In this lesson, we'll examine the basics of building a winning sales presentation, what to do after the meeting and things you should never do.
2. How to Plan & Make a Successful Sales Call
Read this lesson to learn what questions you need to ask on your sales call along with what questions and concerns to anticipate. You'll also see an example showing you just how you can make a successful sales call.
3. Practical Application: Planning a Sales Call
The successful sales call is the one that ends with a sale. There are things you can do to plan for such success. Practice with this imaginary scenario.
4. Questioning Techniques to Identify Buyers' Needs & Motivations
When you are going in for the close, it is very important that you know the exact needs and motivations of your buyer. Read this lesson to learn what kinds of questions you can use to figure this out.
5. Strategies for Selling to Poor Communicators
One of the biggest challenges you'll face in sales is communicating, especially with people who are difficult to communicate with. Use the strategies in this lesson to improve your relationships with your clients.
6. Tone of Voice in Sales: Importance & Techniques
In this lesson, you'll learn how you can use your tone of voice to increase your sales. Learn how to speak with the right pitch, volume, and speed to highlight the important points of your product to convince others to purchase from you.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.